Chapter 22: Devour

"<<Moonlit Sword>>!"

When I swung the 'Steel Iron Sword' in front of me, a bright flash of light tinged with a blue hue and dark fog was released from the tip of the blade, travelling in one straight line.

Gouging out the earth at a rapid pace, the enemy barely had time to react before his arm was fully separated from his torso. The arm looked small, as if it belonged to a village kid, as I noticed it flying in the air for a few seconds. I would have felt guilty if that was an ordinary child's arm, but as of this moment, it belonged to someone I couldn't forgive.

The skill I used just now was only learned a few minutes ago while I was sprinting towards this location as fast as I could. Apparently, it was one of the skills available when I purchased the <<Sword Mastery>> skill tree from the 'Ruler's Tome'.

Naturally, I increased the level of <<Sword Mastery>> skill tree to max without thinking.

In a swift motion, some of the dangerous-looking dark tentacles were eviscerated and dispersed into nothingness. As soon as I confirmed Marielle-san and quite strangely, the store owner I had met earlier today, Lode-san was released from their bindings, I shout towards the little black-haired boy with red eyes surrounded by dark tentacles with creepy eyes and mouths...

"....Little boy, or should I say, 'Demon King'....Get your filthy hands off of her!"

If it was the normal me, I would have been too embarrassed to say these cliché lines, but I couldn't be bothered by that right now. I can tell that this guy was dangerous.

Even more so than the 'Dragon Knight, Zetsuen' I had fought before.

Sure, the <<Estimate>> skill calculated his probable power level, but there was something else. My skill <<Intuition>> is ringing ever so slightly now and then.

That's why, I know that I have to keep my guard up against this enemy. I can tell that my strength the more time passes would be enough to overpower him, but something...

Something was off.

I can't put my finger on it right now, but I can tell that this guy's hiding something.

Even if I was bursting with anger right now, and wanted to rush and take them both away from this place as soon as possible, to avoid being careless, it couldn't be done.

At least, not without an opening...

As I observed the 'Demon King', waiting for him to show a gap in his defense, more dark eerie tentacles suddenly shot out of the boy's shadow once more.

"...Fuhahahaha! So you're the strong human who had released that enormous power yesterday. By taking me by surprise, you managed to cut off my arm. A marvelous feat indeed. Very well, you have amused me..."

As if he was enjoying this, the decapitated arm was suddenly absorbed by one of the tentacles and in the next moment, a smaller dark tentacle grew out from the stump of his shoulder, and quickly reformed into the small boy's arm.

"Even with my <<Demonic Analyze>>, I cannot see the limits to your potential. Excellent, truly excellent. You have saved me time in looking for you. I applaud myself, for having such luck of making the main dish come to me instead."

He seems to have been blabbering something about dishes and such, but I wasn't listening to it much at all. Mainly because I didn't even know what he was talking about, with my severe lack of information, but mostly because I was concerned at how quickly his arm grew back to its prior state.

This, might be a tad bit troublesome to deal with.

"...Wait....those strange clothes...even if it was obscured by the darkness, I would not mistake it. You're Kyouya-dono are you not!?"