My Boss The Mafia

Chapter 3//Sweet Baby Jesus...

My eyes were focused on the scene in front of me. The passing buildings, people walking down the street, and there were a couple cute guys too. I felt a tap on my shoulder and I whipped my head around.

"Are you done oogling or can we finally get out of the car?" Petra laughed at me, giggling.

I looked up from where I was staring and noticed that we were at the mall. I sighed, laughing a little and followed Petra out of the car. We started walking inside Fantasy 17. I was still really confused about why the called it Fantasy 17...maybe it's a New York thing.

"Girls, we're gonna go get our dresses first and then we can go shopping," Millicent told us. Petra and I both piped in with an 'ok' before heading towards the little boutique. I had started day dreaming again. About the how, and the what. What if I had never been taking in by Millicent? Would I be left to the street to fend for myself? Or even how I was still living with Millicent. Maybe she's just feeling pity for how long I was in the orphanage for. Lots of people do that with older kids but, I still wonder.

I felt a tap on my shoulder, I turned my head and looked at Millicent.

"You've been daydreaming an awful lot lately...now come on! I've been waiting to see these damn dresses all week!" Millicent pushed me into the boutique, almost tripping me in the process, until we finally were in the lounging area, bobbing our feet up and down, waiting for the dresses.

"Kathleen!"

I looked over at Millicent and smiled a little as they embraced each other. Sometimes I wonder what would have happened if I had ever met Aunt Millicent before I went to the orphanage. If I had lived with her. Would it still be this luxurious? Would she have a company of her own? As I was lost in my thought, I hadn't noticed that Kathleen had brought out 3 garment bags. They were very long and kind of puffed out at the bottom.

She hung each of them up very intericately on a rack and unzipped each one. I sucked in a breath as I looked at the beautiful dresses in the bags.

Each dress was made specifically for each of us. Millicent and I's dresses looked similar, both had a creamy, purple theme with a plunging neckline, but Millicents dress wasn't as flowy or loose as mine in the skirt.

Millicents dress had little designs on the skirt and they lightened up the dress when you moved it into the light. The bodice of her dress had a plunging neckline, and there were 3 thin strips that gave the dress an appearance of a belt being used on the bodice. The straps were simple and would expose her shoulders.

Petra's dress almost looked like a wedding dress. It was a creamy white color and it would fluff out all around her when she walked in it. It was a strapless dress with a sweetheart neckline. Flowers lined the whole dress, a little lighter than the skirt itself. The dress was a little longer than Millicents and was more regal looking.

My dress was a light purple color with a plunging neckline, but it didn't go as deep as Millicent's. The bodice was covered in jewels, and they sparkled whenever you moved the dress every which way. The jewels leaked a little into the skirt, which will fan out around me. The skirt was made up of purple and cream fabric, creating this beautiful light purple color that looks regal.

We all looked at the dresses in awe, touching them lightly, hoping they wouldn't crumble when we touched them. I was the first one to speak, "Kathleen, these are beautiful."

Petra and Millicent nodded their heads, too stunned to speak . Kathleen laughed a little, waving her hand in way that said oh it's nothing. I smiled a little and walked back over the the dress, zipping up the garment bag and slinging it over my arm.