9. Patience is a Virtue

Start from the beginning

"Shit." I confessed.

"I'm so sorry this happened to you Hannah I really am." I couldn't believe I was hearing these words from Kyle Richards. 

"I just..." I could feel the tears burning my eyes. "I didn't think he'd be capable of something like that." I pressed my eyes shut trying to hold back the tears but it only made them worse.  Kyle shuffled closer to me and wiped my tears away with his thumb leaving a burning sensational trail where his thumb and my cheek touched.

"What happened after you left?" I asked him, not quite sure if I wanted to know the answer. 

Kyle's body slightly tensed. "I found the bastard still at the fair, trying to chat up another two girls." I was shocked. "He obviously didn't learn his lesson. So I gave him a revision session." 

That's when I examined Kyles face, noticing the deep cut on his lip, and the blackness around his left eye. The scratches on his knuckles and the two very deep looking cuts on his right cheek.  "Kyle, the cuts—"

"Hannah, please don't worry about these minor cuts. What happened to him is a hundred times worse. One things for sure, he'll never touch any girl again." Kyle smirked in satisfaction.

"Thank you." I smiled.

"You're welcome Princess." He winked and I could see the real Kyle returning to shape. "So what was Archer's reaction?"

My muscles tensed. "Not good."

"What did he do?"

"Over reacted. He started yelling at me. Saying all these hurtful things. "I bit my lip not sure if I should continue. I was mad at Luke but I didn't want to give Kyle an excuse to torture him in school. 

Kyle looked intrigued but slightly mad too. "What did he say?"

"Kyle I don't think—"

"Hannah, tell me what he said."

I sighed. "He accused me of wanting you as my boyfriend instead. I told him to leave you to deal with Derek and that it wasn't his job to get involved and he started yelling and became really over protective. I'm scared it might be over. It's barely started."

Kyle snorted. "Nawh is the little pussy boy jealous?"

"Kyle—"

"So is it over?" I could have sworn, he said it in a voice which sounded almost hopeful.

"I don't know." I shrugged.

"Oh come on Hannah." He winked. "You love the idea of being my girlfriend, every girl does." Usually this would annoy me but I could see Kyle didn't mean it, he was just trying to lighten up the mood so I erupted into laughter.