Chapter 23

You looked up and saw the purple hair of tsukiyama.

You knew it was him even though you'd never met him before, purple hair wasn't very common, much less French speaking, fancy, ghouls with purple hair.

Knowing of the mans weird eating habits you held Kaede even close to you, as if that was possible and attempted to wiggle your way out of his arms.

Unfortunately, that was impossible because he apparently had the strength of the Incredible Hulk or some crap and wouldn't let you go.

Suddenly you were back on the roof you'd just fallen off only a moment ago.

"Now, now Ayato. You should know better than to play with your food" Tsukiyama said teasingly to him.

Unfortunately though, Ayato was a bit preoccupied with try to fend off an enraged Kaneki to respond.

Kaneki was running after him like a mad man, his kagune ripping away any piece of ayato's flesh that it could reach.

Ayato on the other had was on the defensive, his wing like kagune was acting as a shield for most of his body, but that didn't stop Kaneki.

Kaneki kept hacking away at Ayato. When a particularly big piece of flesh was torn off Kaneki, cackled like a madman and asked "what's 1000-7" but got no answer.

Meanwhile you were trying to desperately free you and Kaede of Tsukiyama grasp.

Kaneki had become like this because he thought you were dead if he saw you, maybe he'd snap out of it.

You weren't completely stupid though, you wouldn't run up to him and hope he wouldn't cut you in half or something, he was totally out of it and approaching him was certain death.

"Tsukiyama, you bastard let me down!" You screamed to no avail.

"Kaneki!" You yelled, but it fell on deaf ears as Kaneki kept hacking away at poor Ayato.

Suddenly Tsukiyama set you down, and instructed you swiftly to stay out of you wanted to live.

You disregarded his statement, but told Kaede to stay Ther in which he meekly nodded back in reply to.

You ran to where the fight was and screamed as loud as you could.

"KANEKI!!!"

His eyes turned to look at you and you were frozen by the look he gave you.

His eyes were practically lifeless.

Closing your eyes you did the only thing you could think to do at the moment.

And it may have been the dumbest decision of your life.

You ran to him.