Chapter 12

"Where are we going?" You questioned as you felt Kaneki tie something over your eyes.

"I thought you were smart enough to recognize a surprise by now" Kaneki muttered

"How do I recognized something I don't know about?" You shot back while feeling quite smart and accomplished.

" whatever, just be quiet and let's go" he said before picking you up bridal style and leaving.

"Wait-what are you doing!? Put me down!" You yelled at him.

"How else are we supposed to get there?" He questioned rhetorically.

"I have an idea, a pretty smart one actually, how about you put me the hell down, take off the dumb blindfold and let me walk" you said with venom in your voice, though you knew it wasn't going to affect him at all.

"But that would ruin the surprise so how is that smart? Now I bet you feel dumb" he answered back

You grumbled a short 'smartass' under your breath.

"Just put me down already !" You yelled while flailing around and trying to get him to drop you.

"Woah calm down there tiger, you have no idea how high up we are, God woman do you have a death wish?" He questioned

Your arms wrapped around him like vines at the mention of heights, which was something you were horribly afraid of.

"Okay, now seriously put me do-AHHHH!"

You yelled as you felt like you were falling to the ground for a few seconds.

"What did you just do" you said while clutching on to his shirt tightly and shivering.

"I jumped out of the window, now stop with the questions, okay"

"Baka! I could've died. I'm not a ghoul you know!" You yelled at him.

"Be quiet and stop yelling already! We already look weird enough with me carrying you like this whole your blindfolded. People are already staring." Kaneki whispered harshly

"I bet you look like a kidnapper, which you are in case you forgot" you whispered back just as harshly.

You could feel his glare rather than see it, but one thing you knew for sure was that if looks could kill, you'd be a melted puddle right now.

So you finally decided to shut up, but you weren't exactly happy about it.

You let him carry you for ten minutes of complete silence before you got bored and decided to bug him.

"Hey Kaneki?" You said while trying to hide a smirk.

"Hmmm?" He responded

"Are we there yet?" You questioned

"No" he answered simply

You just shrugged and then two minutes later asked him again.

"Didn't you just ask that question?" He said

"Yeah, oops I forgot" you said

Then three minutes after that.

"Now are we there yet?" You asked in a whiny tone much like a little kid who wants candy in the store.

"Seriously, now I know your doing this on purpose" he muttered and you began to laugh.

"So you couldn't tell when I asked you twice in a row?" You responded between a fit of giggles.

"I knew. Anyways we're here now" he answered.

"Really!? Finally!" You exclaimed.

He took the blindfold off and you could see the ocean.

It was amazing and the sound of the waves crashing on the shore and the smell of fresh air with a hint of salt overwhelmed your senses.

"It's beautiful" you murmured, still completely captivated by the sight before you.

"Not as beautiful as you are" you heard Kaneki whisper under his breath.

Your cheeks turned completely red as you turned to face him.

"Now we both know that's not true." You said to him while smiling.

And he took you completely by surprised by what he did next, he grabbed your cheek and kissed you.

It was a gentle kiss, yet one filled with passion.

He pulled back and then said to you "one thing we both know for sure is that I love you".

(Unleash your inner fan girls! Shit just got real! Kaneki is a softie, but now he's your softie. Have fun!)