Fan Fiction: Late Night Musings&Dreams

Zacznij od początku

I hoped it didn't bother her. The hand on her cheek trailed off and tangled in her hair. Even in its messy state, it was still soft. She also smelled of the earth, even though she wasn't an elf.

Sometimes I wondered if she was. My Rose had such a way with nature that completely shocked me-wait, did I just call her "my Rose"? Had I ever called her that before? Oh wait, I had. I pulled away and stared at her.

"What was that for?" she asked.

I wanted to tell her that I loved and kissing her was the greatest feeling ever, but instead I said, "So you would shut up and stop crying." She tried to slap me, but I grabbed her wrist in anticipation of her attack. She continued to struggle, but I held her back. "Easy, Rose. We don't need you getting hurt before training again."

Instead of admitting defeat like I thought she would, Eliza head-butted me and pinned me to the mattress in order to subdue me from attack. She held her broomstick, which had now turned into a purple dagger, against my throat.

"You just don't get it, do you? When you kill, you feel nothing. I can't do that, especially not after I killed my own mother, Donovan." As serious as her words were, she hesitated in her actions and that's what gave me the advantage against her.

I smirked and flipped us over, so our positions were reversed. I also stole her broomstick.

"Get off me, dumbass!" she yelled in aggravation.

I shook my head with a smirk still gracing my face and let my eyes wander across her body. It wasn't until now that I realized what she was wearing. A green dress with a plunging neckline that exposed a little of her pale breasts tied at the waist with a golden belt.

Her markings covered her body in vines of green and silver. "Where did you get this dress?" I asked, trying to keep the huskiness out of my voice.

"Miss Canary gave it to me to wear at dinner, but then the thoughts bothered me so I left early. I didn't bother to change," she replied.

I nodded. "You look good," I said slowly, choosing my words carefully.

The corners of her mouth lifted just slightly. "Thanks, Don." There was an awkward silence between us until Eliza cleared her throat. "Uhm, Don? Can you get off me now? You're kind of heavy."

I blinked in confusion. "What?" She rolled her eyes and tried pushing me off.

"Get off me, Donovan. I can't breathe."

I smirked again and looked down at her. "I don't know. I kind of like this position."

She growled but didn't struggle. I guess she realized that it was pointless.

"Don, do you like me?" she asked suddenly. I opened my mouth to say something, but I couldn't think of an answer that wouldn't blow my cover. "I think you do," she continued with a smile.

I scoffed. "Shut up, Rose. You don't know what you're talking about."

But as is usual of Eliza Rose, she didn't shut up. "It would explain why you kissed me in the woods and now, why you always hug and comfort me even when I don't ask for it, why you're always so concerned about me being safe."

I rolled my eyes. "That doesn't prove anything, Rose."

She smirked before finishing her completely accurate statement. "You also check out my body a lot, you're extremely flirtatious, and I know for a fact that you're head over heels for me."