"Yes"

"Can I see them?"

"No"

"But I showed you my body that I'm not comfortable with. We're talking about this because we need to step out our comfort zone and need to get to know one another"

"I don't like it when you're right, babe"

Heat tingled my cheeks, "Feeling's mutual"

Ahren stood up and I did as well. Seeing him take off his shirt, he tossed it on the floor and gradually turned around to let me get a view of his back. My eyes immediately widened, my hand covering my mouth.

I looked at the one that's bleeding, "This one is um

I looked at the one that's bleeding, "This one is um... Fresh" I mentioned

"It was itching earlier"

"Oh" I tucked my lips in, wanting to trace my fingers on them- so I did

Ahren hissed and quickly faced me, roughly pushing me back onto the couch. My breathing quickened, my chest heaving up and down as he trapped me against the cushions. He sighed, his head lowering in regret.

"Stop" I told him, "Don't look like that, okay? I'm sorry, I didn't mean to touch you"

He nodded and straightened his posture, going over to get his shirt to put it back on. Carefully, Ahren sat beside me.

"Go ahead" He spoke

"Heh?"

"I told you my secret, now it's your turn"

"Oh right. My secret. That. I forgot-"

"Maryland"

"Okay, okay. I have infertility"

His eyebrows furrowed together, "What is that?"

"It's when a woman has a disease of the reproductive system- defined by the failure to achieve a clinical pregnancy after 12 months or more of regular, unprotected sexual intercourse"

"How long have you had this?"

"Three years"

He seemed very intrigued, too much for my liking, "Tell me the story"

I sighed while fiddling with my fingers, "My boyfriend- at the time- and I had sex a few times that was unprotected, and we went to the doctors to see if I was pregnant. They told me that my reproductive system was messed up and that I couldn't get pregnant no matter how hard I tried.

But I didn't want to believe it. So my boyfriend and I continued to try again and again, but it was no use... And because of that, he left me and told me to just kill myself because of how my body is so fucked up"

Glancing over at Ahren, his now cold blue eyes pierced right back into my soft gaze. I ran my hand through my hair, tears going over the brim of my lower eyelids.