Chapter 33 - Demons

A desire to be in charge of our own lives, a need for control, is born in each of us. It is essential to our mental health, and our success, that we take control. - Robert F. Bennett

Chapter 33 - Demons

Edward's POV:

"The first available flight to Boston leaves at 3:20 arriving 4:35." Leah tells me, since I asked her to help me with my arrangements while I finish up my last report. She's showing me some pity after Addyson's phone call rattled me. "May I suggest you catch a train? It'll take about three hours, but you could get to Boston by 2:00."

Here I am waiting outside Metcalf Science Center, and I see Addyson approaching. She's smiling, but she is a woman on a mission. I see it in her eyes. She has on her black pants tucked in her knee-high boot, and wearing a jade green pea coat. Her hair is pulled back and the crisp air has added a lot of pink to her cheeks, and when her eyes meet mine she gives me the most beautiful smile.

Five hours...Five fucking hours of turmoil, and I will not let the way she looks deter me from telling her about it.

"Addyson, what the h..." She put her finger on my lips and shakes her head at me.

"Give me one minute, and then you can let loose. I won't even stop you." She says, and then she reaches down and laces her fingers in mine. "I've missed you, a lot." She tells me as pulls me with her down the sidewalk and across the street between two buildings. I'm unaffected by her tenderness right now, but I'm fully aware of her demeanor.

Her breathing is erratic as she looks down at her watch, and then nods to let me know her minute is up. Now I can loose. "Addyson, don't you ever..." I had my argument planned out in my head, but now seeing that she's ok, I don't know if I should spank her or kiss her.

Dammit! My voice is loud and raw as I pour out my frustration. "I have no control over my emotions right now. I am so far beyond pissed at you. Do you have any idea what you've put me through the last five hours? Do you?"

She doesn't say a word. She just looks around at the buildings, down the alley, and over my shoulder, but not at me. This doesn't help. I run my fingers through my hair, easing the tension in my head. "I've been worried sick. You run off to Boston, not letting anyone know until it's too late to stop you. You haven't answered your phone. All I've gotten is this stupid cryptic message to meet you here. FIVE HOURS, Addyson!!"

There is no controlling the sound of fury in my voice, and I can't seem to reign myself in. "Do you have any idea what could happen to you in five hours?"

She launches herself at me; her lips seizing mine with such force that my body reacts violently. Her legs wrap around my waist and I find the nearest building and slam her back against the wall, closing any distance between our bodies. She rubs herself against me, feeling the full effect of what her kiss has done. Her lips are demanding and hungry almost punishing me for the words I spoke in anger. She bites my bottom lip opening me again as she delves in, fighting me with more passion than she has ever shown me.

Her hands haven't found a home: they seem to have a mind of their own. Touching my cheeks, grasping my hair, holding my shoulders. Peeling back my coat, her hands slide over my dress shirt and around my back, pulling me even closer to her.

She smothers the groan that escapes the back of my throat, feverishly lathing my tongue and lips with hers. With my hands against her cheeks, I take over the kiss, biting and sucking her lips. Passion remains but the angers gives way from fury to lust to love to pure adoration, our lips part panting, with our arms clinging tightly to each other.