Chapter 19 - A Puzzle

The problem is that we always look for the missing piece of the puzzle instead of finding a place for the one in our hand... ― Alina Radoi

Chapter 19 - A Puzzle

Addy's POV:

My phone is silenced, but I hear a soft vibration and see it light up. Edward's breathing is soft and even, and only now am I willing to move to grab my phone to reply to my text.

Joel: Are you ok? Worried. You're not home.

Me: Rest your mind. I'm with still with Edward. He fell asleep

Joel: Are you staying? Do you want me to come get you?

Me: I'm fine. I'll stay. See you in the morning.

Joel: Goodnight

Placing my phone back on the nightstand, I sit in nothing but a pair of his boxers with a sheet wrapped around my body, focusing my attention back on Edward, illuminated with horizontal light from the moon. His head is tilted toward the pillow where I was laying, and his face has a gentle relaxed look to it. Even with his eyes shut, I can imagine his eyes looking back at me. The hazel eyes that shine with more green than brown that seems to take in every movement from my body.

His lip just twitches. Just one side curls up slightly, and then he relaxes again. I keep my eyes focused on his lip, looking for any movement, hoping he was awake to kiss me. "Keep staring at me like that Angel, and I won't be held responsible for my actions." He mumbles, but doesn't open his eyes.

"I thought you were asleep. How do you know I'm even looking at you?" I whisper, and he moves the sheet away from me, and pulls me up to his chest.

"I was asleep, until I felt you staring at me. You were staring at me right?" He waggles his eyes at me. "Did you like the view?"

"Very much. Honestly, I just wanted to do this." I sit up enough to capture his lips with mine. He doesn't hesitate tangling his tongue, giving me his growly moan.

He readjusts himself so that I am leaning over him, and he can playfully palm my breast. "I like these." He squishes one and then the other. "I like that you let me play with these." With his hand moved to my neck and the other on my lower back, he pulls me out of the blankets, flips me so I'm on my back, and rests on top of me, kissing his way down.

The gravelly sound escaping his throat sends heat to the center of my body, making it uncomfortable for me to let him continue. "Edward, please." I shift, trying to stave off the affect he is having on my body. His hand toys with my breast and nipple, as his mouth kisses, licks, and tugs the other. I move deeper into the mattress, and Edward follows me, holding my body secure.

"Edward," I pant. His mouth relents only to move to shower affection on my other breast. He moves his thigh between my legs, putting pressure on my core. The deep heated feeling begins to subside, but only for a moment before Edward shifts to hold onto my hip, spreading my legs farther apart.

"I want to touch you, Cariad." His breathing is heavy, and I am consumed by the feelings he's sending through my body.

"Yes." I breathe, and he moves back up to take my mouth with his.

His hand is gentle as it makes its way to my hip and across to the front of my waist, sending a slight tickle in it's wake. Edward doesn't relinquish his hold on my lips, delving his tongue into my mouth, tasting every part. A warm hand moves from my outer thigh to my inner, and the shock it sends through me is absorbed in his lips. "This is trust," he says against my lips, letting me relax before his hand rests on the center between my legs.