Forward march!

The next day and a half were rather uneventful, just like your normal Survey Corps day, but when the day actually came... to say it was hectic was an understatement. Stress was being placed upon your shoulders at a rate like never before.

"You better not let this go to waste!!"
"Find my family members!!"
"Don't you dare let any of them die!"

'They're in denial.' You thought. Those were basically all the things people yelled towards you and your squad. You sighed, used to their annoying yelling, but not directly at you. As your eyes scanned the crowd, they landed on a few members of the Survey Corps.

"You better come back alive, Y/n!" Hanji yelled, flailing her arm back and forth. You smiled at her in response. Your eyes then found Levi. In that moment, everything seemed to fade away. Come back alive. I will. A silent promise was made. As the gates began lifting, you looked behind yourself to see the look of nervousness on the two Garrison soldiers faces.

'They've never come in contact with Titans. This'll be fun.' You thought. You lightly touched the necklace Levi gave you before returning your hand to the reins and squeezing them. Once the gates full opened, the six of you stared at the ruins of Wall Maria.

"Alright!! A small inspiration speech for y'all!" You yelled back towards your squad. They all listened intently on what you had to say. "DON'T FUCKING DIE, BECAUSE I DON'T WANT TO HAUL YOUR DEAD ASS BACK INTO THE WALLS!" All of them blanched with the exception of Sienna.

"Move out!" You ordered, whipping the reins. H/n reared back with a neigh before charging forward and out of the walls. Your squad followed close behind you, the cheers of the citizens slowly decreasing. As Levi watched you leave the safety of the walls, he was confident in your abilities not only as a commanding officer, but as a soldier as well. However, he still couldn't help the tiny bit of apprehension gnawing at him.

"She'll be alright Levi. She's strong," Erwin said, placing his hand on Levi's shoulder.

"I'm aware," Levi bit back, walking away from him. 

~
"Captain! How long will we be out here?" Elliot asked, looking around in paranoia.

"Commander Erwin said however long it takes. If we do end up finding someone however, ride back to the walls immediately!" You answered.

"Yes!"

"Aria! You're on Titan spotting duty! Sienna, whatever titans come our way, deal with them. Xavier, back her up--"

"I don't need someone to back me up," she interrupted. Your eye twitched at her tone, but you kept your temper under control. Somehow. 

"Amelia, you back Elliot up," you ordered. She nodded sternly, as did Elliot, in understanding.

"A 10 meter Titan, south of us!" Aria warned. Sienna immediately blasted off, running on the old roofs of the houses. She jumped up and quickly slashed the oblivious Titan. She hooked her gear into a building, and descended down to the ground. Her horse ran to her and she quickly mounted it, regrouping with you.

"Nice one," you complimented.

"Of course."

"Listen up! We have lots of ground to cover and it'll probably take us a long time to find even a body! I would love to split off into two groups, but that just raises the risk of failure. So stay together as a squadron!" You ordered. They all replied 'yes', concentrating on the task at hand. "Before long we'll have to find some shelter for the night! Keep an eye out for a good hidden spot!"

"Yes!"

~
You and the squad had been riding all the way until dusk. So you and all of them stopped at a small abandoned village a couple hours away from Wall Rose.

"Check to make sure the water is still running. See if there is any food to spare, and see if the bedrooms are good enough. I'll be on Titan duty," you said as you hooked yourself onto the roof and landing on it. The five others went of to do what you ordered as you scanned the horizon.

"Captain! The water doesn't work, but there are still some ingredients to make some bread!" Amelia yelled up to you. You nodded.

"Light a match and start cooking it immediately. We're light on resources, so we have to improvise," you replied. She nodded and ran back into the house.

"Captain! The bedrooms are a little dusty, but they're in good condition!" Elliot called from the ground.

"How many rooms are there?"

"Three!"

"Each of you will have to bunk with someone. So, relay that to the others," you said. He nodded and ran back into the house. Once the sun completely set, you jumped off of the roof and went inside of the house.

"Did you guys find your bunking partner?" You asked. They all nodded.

"Amelia is with Aria, I'm with Xavier, and Sienna is with you," Elliot explained. Everyone glanced at each other. You and Sienna silently glared at each other from across the room.

"Do-do you think we should've rethought the sleeping arrangements?" Amelia whispered to Aria.

"Nah, they're fine," she replied while taking a swig of her canteen.

"You better wish her good fucking luck," both you and Sienna said at once. That only fueled the spark between you two. The others just chuckled nervously.

~
The moon had reached it peak in the sky, meaning it was midnight. You were in the bedroom, unfortunately with Sienna. It was quiet between the two of you. Neither one of you were talking to each other. You stripped off your top, belts, and 3DMG, placing it all on the floor, so you were left in the white pants, and a bra.

"You're not taking off your pants? How disgusting." Sienna sneered from her place in the room, only in her underwear.

"Excuse me if I don't want to catch any diseases like you," you bit back before climbing in the bed and snuggling into the somewhat soft sheets. You heard her mutter a 'fuck you', but elected to ignore it for the greater good.

Ja ne!

   {Ruby Red}