SURPRISE

You shifted around, forcing your eyes to open, despite them feeling light weights attached to your face.

"Oh! She's waking up!" You could hear a voice blabber out. When your eyes fully opened, you squinted at the bright light around you. 

"What... the fuck..." You blurted out quietly.

"Y/n? Are you okay?" Hanji asked, leaning over to look at you. You blinked a few times, trying to clear your vision more.

"Feels like I'm being sat on," you replied. Hanji smiled in relief.

"At least you're fine! I was worried there," she said, walking back to her desk.

"What the hell happened?" Levi asked. You tried to move around, but stopped when a shooting pain went through your chest.

"Just saved a kid's life," you grunted out. Levi just sighed in response. "How long was I out?"

"Four days," Hanji chirped.

"Four?!" You exclaimed, then flinching in pain. Levi placed an instinctive hand on your arm to calm you down.

"Yeah! Thankfully it wasn't as long as we originally thought," she added. You carefully sighed, relaxing your head back.

"What happened while I was unconscious?" You asked. The two grew silent. You quirked a brow, but kept your stare up at the ceiling.

"Trost District got attacked," Hanji said grimly.

"What?" You gasped, brows now furrowing instead. "How did that happen?"

"We're not entirely sure," Levi replied, "We were just returning from the expedition."

"It's fine though, Eren sealed the wall that was kicked in," she said excitingly. You just stared at her with the most confused expression.

"I... what?"

"According to witnesses, the same colossal titan that appeared five years ago outside of Shiganshina District and kicked a hole into Trost," Hanji briefed. Your eyes widened slightly.

"And what's the state of it now? Is Trost being protected?"

"Not anymore," she replied, "Cadet Eren Jaeger transformed into a titan and sealed the wall himself."

"He... turned into a... titan?"

"Yeah," Levi replied, "Came to a shock to us too."

"We have Levi's squad watching over him as we speak," Hanji added.

"I... kinda want to watch over a titan shifter..." You muttered, relaxing your face.

"You can if you want," Levi said, looking at you.

"I'll take you up on that," you replied, "So how long will I have to stay all cooped up?"

"Three weeks," Hanji said without hesitation.

"Three—?!" You were going to sit up, but Levi predicted you would and beat you to it. He forced you to stay down with his hand.

"Your whole chest cavity was crushed, what do you expect?" Levi asked, eye twitching. You looked up at him.

"Oh come on, that's a little excessive."

"It's not like your skills are going to wither down in those weeks," Hanji piped up.

"Well, no... but still, three weeks?" You looked between the two.

"You need to heal," Levi said, "I'll tie you to the bed if I have to." You threw a half-hearted glare at him.