Trainee training pt. 2

Ha, I lied. I'll update again next week, cause I'm moving, and it's a lot of shit.

Edit: Wow, past-me, you were a lazy POS.

~
The next day Eren was tested on his maneuver gear again.

"Ready Eren?" You asked. He nodded.

"Alright. Lift him," you ordered. Eren began to be lifted off of the ground. He wobbled a bit, but he stayed steady. You smiled lightly and nodded in approval while cheers erupted through the crowd. Eren smiled, but then he start falling forwards then flipping back. He was hanging upside down. You walked over to him and looked down at him.

"Wagner. Change him to the other equipment," you ordered.

"Ye-yes!" He quickly replied. On the other one, Eren—almost—stayed still. He didn't fall over like last time, and the time before, and the time before that.

"Your equipment was defective," you said, playing around with the previous belt. "The belt had a broken clasp. I don't think this part ever broke before. Guess we'll need to add that to the maintenance checklist."

"Does this mean I'm fit to be a soldier?!" He exclaimed. You nodded.

"Barely passed, but you did. Train hard!" You replied. His face lit up, the biggest smile appearing on his face.

At the end of the day, Shadis was riding around on his horse while the trainee's were flying around on their gear through the forest. You joined them. You flew through the forest, enjoying the cold air whipping against your face. You did multiple flips in the air, sometimes even passing by cadets.

~
You returned back to HQ the next day. You were putting your horse back into their stable, removing their saddle and everything.

"Be good, okay?" You said, rubbing H/n's muzzle. You got a snort in response.

"Y/N!!" You heard Hanji yell from the other side.

"What is it—holy fuck!!" You yelled in alarm before being toppled down by the energetic woman.

"I missed you!" She said, popping her head up to look at me. You smiled at her, gently patting her on the head.

"Yes yes, I missed you too. Now please get off," you said. She complied and stood up, helping you in the process.

"You've been away for almost two weeks!" 

"Yeah, I know. I'm helping the trainee squad until they graduate," you replied while rubbing the back of your head.

"I've missed you! And so has Shorty!" She said while hugging me. A light look of shock came across your face.

"Levi? Now, did he say that?" You asked, raising a brow. You broke the hug to raise a brow at her.

"Well... no, but he's been acting different!"

"Different? Like how different?"

"He's been a lot more grumpier. And he's barely left his office."
You scoffed lightly.

"That's regular Levi behavior Hanji. He's a rare species, he's different from all the other species," you joked, putting your hand on her shoulder.

"Maybe he likes you~" She sang, wiggling her brows. You took a step away from her.

"Me? Of all people? I've known Levi for a while and out of all the years I've been with him, put up with him, and dealt with him, he never seemed interested. No one likes me and never will. So don't get any funny ass ideas in your funny ass head." You gently poked her in the forehead.

"Say whatever you want. I know he does! See ya!" She said, jogging away from you, most likely going to do more experiments. You huffed, staring at her retreating form.

"What the fuck?" You muttered before going back to tend to your horse, unaware of the person who was listening.

~
When you got back to HQ, you passed by Asher, who you also hadn't seen in a little bit.

"Did ya do the do?" You teased with a smirk. A blush spread across his face.

"Wh-what are you talking about?" He stuttered out. You rolled my eyes.

"Don't think I didn't see you all over that girl a couple of weeks ago," you replied.

"We-well..."

"Just make sure you don't have kids. Would rather not deal with any more children than I already have to," you said before walking away from you.

"Ye-yes, Sergeant," he weakly replied, "Do you need any help?"

"Not right now! But I'll call you if I do!" You yelled back, running around the corner to your office. Once you opened the door, you saw that it was kept clean, curtesy of Levi, and untouched. Just a few dust balls here and there. You let out a sigh and walked over to the small closet in your room.

"Well, I should probably dust my bookshelf," you said quietly to yourself before retrieving a rag. You walked over to your shelf and started removing the books, dusting them and the shelves. It didn't take you long to clean the entirety of the two. After you were done, you set the rag on the floor in the corner and took a seat behind your desk. As soon as you sat down, there came three knocks on your door.

"Come in," you called out. Ash entered your office with a stack of papers in his arms. You rubbed the bridge of your nose, sighing.

"From who?" You asked.

"The Captain," he replied. You held out your hands.

"Of course," you said. He walked over to you and set the stack in your hands. "Come on, let's start this process again." He nodded, siting in the chair. You and him quietly began to shift through paperwork together.

"How are the trainees coming?" He broke the silence.

"Slowly, but they're learning," you replied, "I can only teach them so much." He glanced up at you.

"Yeah, but that's also a lot," he said, "You could teach them everything you know, and that's an overwhelming amount of strength and capability."
You stopped writing to move your eyes to look at him.

"Are you flattering me?"

"I know that doesn't work on you, so no. I'm being sincere."
You stared at him for a few more seconds before resuming paperwork.

"Thank you, Asher."

Ja ne!

{Ruby Red}