Oh god

I'M A COMPLETE IDIOT, YOU'RE 19 NOT 20, AND LEVI'S 25! I HAVE NO IDEA HOW I GOT THAT WRONG, BUT WHATEVA.

Edit: I'm aware of the age mistake I made in the previous chapter. I'm not a math savvy.

~
Three years have passed since Levi was recruited. You watched him as he slowly crept up the ranks to Lance Corporal, as he is now. Of course, he's rather cold and very intimidating to other cadets, but he's a little more open to you. Erwin is now the commander and you're still a Sergeant. You were in your office, doing paperwork with your new assistant you've had for two years, Asher Brown. He had been a part of the last trainee squad. He failed miserably, but you saw potential in him to be an assistant. That also gave him the opportunity to rise in the ranks, which he did. He managed to get to sixth.

"Here, deliver these to Erwin please." You handed him a small pile of papers.

"Certainly," he replied, smiling at you. He got out of the chair and left your office. You sighed before leaning back in your chair. "Three years, huh... I feel so old... nineteen, huh?"

'Should finish this paperwork up.' You thought, leaning forward and signing off another document. This continued for about half an hour. However, your peace was disturbed when Asher slammed the door open, face pale.

"The wall! It's been breached!" He exclaimed. Your eyes widened slightly.

"What? How?" You demanded, standing up out of your seat.

"Apparently, a Titan appeared outside of Shiganshina District, taller than the wall, kicked an opening, and now Titans are getting in!" He informed, trying his best to keep his voice together.

"Has Erwin been informed?" You grabbed your gear and smoothly attached the belts around your body.

"Yes. And so has the Military Police, Garrison, and the rest of the higher-ups," he replied. Once you put on your gear, you walked past Asher and he followed close behind you.

"Get there as fast as you can and reduce the death total," you ordered, speeding up to get to the stables.

"Yes!" He ran ahead of you and got to the stables first, quickly mounting his horse and riding out of the stables. You got there as well and jumped onto your horse, galloping out.

~
As soon as you arrived at Shiganshina, you switched from your horse to your gear. You landed on the roof next to Asher, who was staring at the scene in front of you.

"Oh my god..." Asher gasped. You looked around to assess the best way to handle the situation. Screams echoed through the air like bullets. Giant titans towered over the houses, stalking their next human victims.

"Asher! Rescue as many people as you can!" You shot out your wire which hooked onto a building. You swung towards the closest titan. It tried to grab your wire, but you quickly retracted it and shot it into its head. You looped around it once, then slashed the nape the second time around. You landed on a roof, back to the falling titan. You looked around. You growled lightly before taking off, looking for any civilians in trouble. In a small alcove, you saw one of the Garrison members, Hannes, if you were correct, running away with two kids from a Titan and a woman, who you assumed was their mother. You landed in front of the crushed house and looked behind yourself.

"Hannes! What are you doing?!" You yelled at him. You turned, ready to take off after him, but a quiet voice stopped you.

"Wait..." She weakly called out. You turned your head. Looking at her, your eyes shone with familiarity. "Please, look after my son... I beg of you..." It was almost a whisper. You looked at her, then the approaching titan, then back at her.