Chapter 10 - "The right thing to do.."

Start from the beginning

Noah understood where she was coming from. He nodded his head, squinting his eyes at the ground.

"I apologize for degrading you as a woman for what you do." Noah said in a serious tone. "No woman deserves that. I wouldn't like it if any man did that towards my mother, so I shouldn't be doing it to you."

"Apology accepted."

Noah held his hand out and smiled as she shook his hand.

"Friends?" Noah smiled.

"Friends."

Noah smiled and kissed her on the cheek. He didn't like her, but he knew that she liked him. As she looked at him, he grabbed his keys and got up to head towards his home.

"Nice to meet you, Asha!" Noah chanted from afar.

When Noah walked into his house, Asha stroked the spot on her cheek that Noah kissed and slid down the porch stairs.

"Oh my goooodddddd..." Asha said to herself as she glanced at the sky and smiled. "He kissed me!"

While this was going on, the rest of us were spending time eating breakfast and having small talk. I was supposed to be at class at this time, but I didn't care. I'd skipped like 3 classes in a row and I didn't give a shit. I didn't even turn in the assignments that Mr. Umlauf gave me during the court dates. So after breakfast, I went home and crashed on the couch.

For the rest of the afternoon and beginning of the night, all of us spent more time over at Carlos's. Of course, they were selling to people who would walk by or come by intentionally. They'd decided to do it outside on a table since the weather was warmer than usual. While me, Asha, and Q sat on the porch watching Carlos, Stacey, and Isaiah sell. Kayson was sitting right in Isaiah's lap with his onesie on and his pacifier in his mouth.

"That's gone be $250." Isaiah said.

As the man counted $250 out of his wad of $20s, he placed it down and watched Isaiah count through it. Afterwards, he handed him his baggie filled with fine white cocaine and watched him walk off.

"Come again, nigga." Isaiah said as he left.

As Carlos and Stacey chopped up a small amount of their bricks, a pink car pulled up to the front of Carlos's home. Isaiah already knew that it was Tyler. As she stepped out of the car, all of us let out a frustrated groan and gave her a funny look.

"The fuck she keep comin' back for?" Q snarled.

"You back again?" Isaiah laughed as he stroked Kayson's hair and looked up at her. "You must want another liquor shower."

"Isaiah, I have proof." Tyler panted as she pulled her phone and played the recording. "Listen."

For a few minutes, all of us listened to the recording Tyler had on her phone. Afterwards, Isaiah nodded his head and scooped all of the dust off of the table.

"You was right." Isaiah nodded.

"I told you!" Tyler plead. "I wasn't joking!"

"So what's that 'sposed to mean?" Isaiah scoffed. "I'm supposed to just forgive yo' ass for still takin' the stand on me?"

"Yes! He set us both up!" Tyler continued. "He manipulated me-"

"Yo' ass was there and YO' ASS WATCHED Kayson starve and shit and you tryna feed me the victim bullshit?" Isaiah scoffed. "Fuck outta here!"

"Isaiah can you stop acting like an asshole and just listen to me?" Tyler barked.

"Somebody get this broad away from me." Isaiah scowled lowly as he waved his hand at her.