Chapter One

Once upon a time. There's this girl named Mandy. Mandy Foxx is the daughter of the wealthy and famous businessman, Mr. Daniel Foxx and the famous Hollywood actress, Mrs. Hannah Foxx. How perfect was her life. She was the Foxx's princess. Everything Mandy wants, Mandy gets. She is one spoiled brat. Very spoiled brat.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Nanna, why is my breakfast not served in bed?" Mandy came downstairs in her sleeping gown with an annoying look on her face. She was looking at her mid-fifties nanny, who's serving the Foxx 25 years already. Mandy stood near the dining table with her arms across her chest and her left feet tapping in a ridiculous rhythm.

"Sorry, Ms. Mandy. The stove wasn't working properly. So we have to serve your breakfast a little late" Nanny Barbara flashed her with worried look.

Mandy brushed her soft light brown hair. She rolled her eyes. "I don't care about the stove, Nanna. All I want is my breakfast!" She could almost feel herself shouting. She was so hungry. She didn't ate anything last night because she slept so early.

"Two minutes, Ms. Mandy" Nanny Barbara signaled the other maid to check Mandy's breakfast. She kept on twirling her hair, obviously irritated. Everyone heared some footsteps towards the dining room. It's Hannah Foxx.

"Mom. What's with the luggage?" Mandy raised her brows. "We will be taping in London" She winked at her daughter. "As in London, England?" Mandy's jaw dropped. Hannah flipped her golden hair and put on her RayBan. "Yeah, honey. I'll be back after a month. Be good, okay?" She kissed Mandy goodbye and off she left.

Mandy sighed. She knew she's going to be alone in the mansion. She doesn't like it. Her father is on a business trip in Seoul, Korea and her mother just left for London. She sighed again.

"Nanna, where's my breakfast?" She sat on the dining chair and waited.

Nanny Barbara came back with Mandy's breakfast on a tray: Scrambled eggs, greek yogurt, banana, a french toast with an almond butter and a cranberry juice.

"Thanks Nanna. Even though I waited years for this breakfast, still worth the wait" She flashed Nanny Barbara with a smile and Nanny smiled back.

She enjoyed her breakfast even though she was alone in a vast dining table.

Meanwhile, the telephone rang. Nanny answered it. Mandy looked at her Nanna mumbling something.

"Ms. Mandy. It's your dad. He needs to talk to you"

"I'm eating." She rolled her eyes.

"It's urgent"

This time she stopped eating. When her dad says it's urgent, it's very urgent. She stood up and took the phone.

"Dad?"

"Mandy, honey. Your grandpa is coming home tomorrow and I want you to pick him up at the airport for me. I'm still at Seoul and my flight is delayed and I can only go home the next day after father arrives."

"Dad, can't you ask Mr. Robinson to get grandpa for you"

"No, I can't bacause father asked for you"

"Me? Why?"

"Ask him. Gotta go sweetie"

"Sure dad"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mandy's alarm clock was irritating her. It kept on ringing three times already. She was still sleepy. She watched the whole season 4 of Vampire Diaries and the whole season 2 of Hart of Dixie last night. She slept 4 am in the morning already, how could she not be sleepy. Someone is still knocking at her door, she heard it thrice already but she didn't care. She kept on hugging her pillow and went back to sleep.

For a moment there, she had a wonderful dream. She was in the mood in waking up. She jump off her bed and stretched. She took a glance in her wall clock. 10:37 am. Almost noon. She took her Iphone and it already 13 missed calls from her grandpa! She widened her eyes. She was supposed to pick her grandpa at the airport at 9:30. How could she forget?

Fast forward. She wore a blue faded jeans and plain white top and her Ipanema sandals. She is already done preparing herself and she went straight the door.

The first thing she saw after opening her bedroom door was her Nanna and three other maids. "Nanna, why didn't you wake me?"

"We did but you wouldn't open the door. We kept on calling you but you didn't respond"

Mandy sighed. "Whatever. Please tell Roger to be ready with the car. Grandpa is waiting at the airport."

"Yes Ms. Mandy"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

She ran hurriedly to get inside. Just a glance at the arrival's area, she saw her grandpa and a bunch of men. He was healthier than before. Literally healthy. His stomach always came in first. He was wearing a green polo shirt and jeans. She waved but her grandpa didn't waved back. She might've angered her grandpa because she kept him waiting. Her grandpa walked towards and gave her a hug. That was unexpected.

"How's our Mandy?"

"Never been better grandpa"

"That's good. I heard your dad's in Seoul and your mother's in London"

"Yeah. Quiet lonely at the mansion"

"Well, you won't be anymore"

They both laughed. Just as when she looked behind the men her grandpa bought back home. Her grandpa always has two bodyguards, one personal assistant and a secretary. But there's someone very familiar with the men.

"Mandy, you remember Gerald Ryans right?"

Oh yes, she did. It was her long-time crush. She melted when she saw him. He's stiil ruggedly handsome. That scent of his letting her drown and those dark brown eyes never left her unsatisfied.

"Yeah, grandpa. What brings him here?" She tried to respond calmly.

"He's going to help me with some works in the company and he's going to stay at the mansion whenever he has to. I know that you've admired Ryans when you were still both kids. I know you'll be alright with it"

That made her knees weak. Living in the same house with the hottest bachelor in the century. Anyone would line up for that.

"It's fine" She responded calmly again. She can't stutter. Not, when that sinfully gorgeous person is right next to her.

"Alright then, let's go home. I really wanted to rest now. My back is still aching"

"You're getting old grandpa" She giggled.

"I know" He chuckled.

Her grandapa and his men went to exit the airport first. Gerald seemed to remain silent.

"Long time no see Gerald" Mandy greeted first.

"Yeah" and that was all he said for the rest of the ride home.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------