Ghostified

Note ~ It's been awhile since I've last thought about this story. I may or may not get some crucial details wrong, but I hope you like it (:

Danny ~

Crimson and Caesar engage in a heated conversation and use really big words that I can't understand like "unparagoned" and "sesquipedalian."

Rex looks bored. Wulf just whines in annoyance and curls up on the pavement like a cat. The two weirdos continue to bicker in what seems like a foreign language.

This is pointless. I'd rather explore this place. Maybe I'll find a way to get us out. As silently as I can, I phase into a ghost and go invisible, then tiptoe away.

I see Wulf open a single eye and register my absence, but he promptly goes back to sleep.

Rex ~

I absently kick a piece of broken pavement from side to side while Crimson explains how she let herself get possessed by a hybrid and obtained a location in the Ghost Zone. Van Kleiss may or may not be there with Breach, but right now that doesn't matter because we're stuck in this sick pocket dimension.  

If we can't get out of here, I'll have to spend the rest of my life with them. A creepy lady that hisses. My brother. A friggin "ghost werewolf." And my favorite, the little ghost boy... Who is no longer here, I realize. Why do we keep getting separated?

Caesar says the word "nanites." I snap to attention and face him, flinging the piece of pavement I was playing with towards Crimson on accident. She hisses and her eyes glow brighter like they always do.

I shake my brother's shoulders. "Nanites?  Okay, what do I do?" I urge. I'm totally done with being here.

Caesar throws a weird look at Crimson as if he had some MORE to say to her, but he decides against it. He points up towards the sky. "There should be a ripple in the barrier, a weak point. It should be tangible. Just place your hand on it and do your thing. It should overwhelm it and Crimson should be free to teleport us out of here," Caesar says slowly, trying to dumb it down as much as possible. What a great brother I have.

"Alright!" I shove him out of the way and build up my bio-mechanical wings.

Now hovering in the air, I look down at them all. "You should probably go find Ghostboy," and with that note, I fly off in search of whatever the heck Caesar explained to me.

Danny ~

This place is just plain bizarre. Like, whoever put this city together needs some serious therapy.

I'm flying through the hallways in what appears to be an abandoned school. There's desks in the classrooms. Then for some reason there's mannequins. I swear one of them blinks as I pass by, which inclines me to go faster. I turn a corner. A figure in black stands in the middle of the new corridor.

"Ah!" I yelp. I blindly use my telekinesis to propel a door off its hinges and hurl it straight at the person, but it drops to the ground in mid-flight.

"Enough. Let's go."

Blast it, it's just Crimson. I sigh and put my hands up in surrender. "I thought you were a ghost EVO whatever," I say, waving her off.

She glides over to me and does her flashy teleportation thing. I can teleport too, I'm tempted to say, but I hold my tongue.

We're transported back in the street. Everyone's here but Rex. Crimson goes to stand by Caesar. Wulf is still curled up in the same spot pretending to be asleep no doubt.

I notice that the sky is lit up with strange blue lines that kind of remind me of a circuit board. The strange noise that I hear when Rex builds weapons on his body reverberates from above, almost painfully loud. "What's going on?" I yell, holding my hands over my ears.