Flicker

Rex ~

After the tedious process of tracking down all the creatures, curing all them, and of course using the "magic thermos" to trap them in. I really want to know how this thing works. And why it's a thermos... I mean like, couldn't it have been something less lame?

Now what? I never really thought of another way to get out of here. Now that the monsters are gone, Van Kleiss is probably going to descend from the sky and the fog will clear while the sun beams down on him. He'll then give me an evil mastermind speech and try to destroy me. Conceited much?

Magically, I'm pretty much right. Van Kleiss does appear now, only he's not in the sun spotlight like I imagined.

"Rex. Since you have captured my pets, you get the honor of being ripped apart by their master." His normal blank expression turns into a smirk. I have never wanted to smash someone's face so badly. "Their master is me."

His stance leaves me slightly intimidated. I know nothing about his new ultra powerful ghost gauntlet. Maybe it makes those half breed creatures. Will it do that to me? Wait, wouldn't that make me dead?

I don't get enough time to wonder. Van Kleiss already has a slab of concrete in his extended arm, I blink once and it's flying at me. Oh, so now I'm getting walls thrown at me instead. Great.

Deflecting it, or rather slicing it in half, with my Bad Axes.

"All the ecto energy you would have if I turned you into a half breed... Think of the new powers you would have, Rex."

He's back to the "join me or die" deal from years ago. Not surprising considering it's him. "I thought you want to kill me?"

Van Kleiss gasps with mock outrage. "Kill you? I could rip you apart a billion times and chances are you'd still survive."

"You got that right," I spit back, slowly leaning down to pick up a large shard of glass.

Ignoring my comment, a force field consumes him, inches before the shard makes contact. "Why would I kill someone with that much power when I could simply convert it and take it for myself?"

"Ok, that's enough." I vault upwards with the intent to punch Mr. Conceited in the face, but he ends up tripping me and I face plant.

He laughs, "You're indeed powerful, but you couldn't do a thing to harm me."

Getting to my feet and spinning around to face him, I bet my face looked like Jungle Cat's when I find that he's disappeared. More ghost power mojo. So unfair.

Now with the heat signature goggles over my eyes, I look everywhere but find no Van Kleiss.

Then he's in my face. Go figure.

"There is a matter I must attend to. Please make yourself comfortable."

"You're ditching me? This was just getting interesting," I attempt to hit him again, but he vanishes and doesn't reappear.

Danny ~

I'm shaken awake by Caesar.

Not thinking, I smack him away with my hand and close my eyes again.

"WAKE UP!" That was Crimson.

"OK!" I rub my eyes and notice I fell asleep on a rock. Ouch.

"The thing keeping Crimson out of the pocket dimension is disabled... For now. We're going to teleport there," Caesar explains.

I stare at him blankly. "You know this how?"

He holds up the tracking thing that he used to get us here. "I got a signal on Rex."

So this is just a rescue mission. I'd rather be sleeping.

"Sure sure, when are we going?" I mutter.

"Now."

Without a warning, of course, Crimson starts glowing and boom, we're there.