Time Restored

Danny ~

I zoned out after Clockwork said I needed to work with Crimson and Rex. Well, no. Rex isn't that bad, but I don't trust the girl with red eyes. She's just too mysterious... I haven't even asked about her yet, but he probably won't tell me anything.

Clockwork says something about "Van Kleiss" and I start paying attention again.

Rex looks kind of scared and the the middle-aged man in the green suit looks even more angry, or maybe he always looks like that. 

"Changed how?" Rex says in a strained voice. I must have missed something important.

The staff in Clockwork's hand glows slightly and one of the floating gears inside the tower answers his command and flies down next to us. A screen appears on the green gear and shows the image of a tall man with long black hair. He wears dark clothing and looks pretty normal, besides the fact that there's an ecto-something on his left arm.

"He got a new gauntlet. What's the difference?"

Clockwork studies Rex carefully. "He can control the ghosts." He looks over at me. "Including you."

"That's it?" Rex presses.

Before he gets an answer, Crimson swoops down from above and lands next to me. I quickly go ghost and launch a ghost ray at her.

She preforms her magical flawless dodge again. I pretty much growl at her. "This will happen, Daniel. You must accept it," she flaunts, smirking at me.

"Why do I need to help? This only affects their worlds," I retort, pointing at Rex and Six.

Crimson's grin evaporates. "Because apparently, we can't resolve this without you. I'm perfectly satisfied with teaming up with one idiot and his sidekick, but taking on another one might be pushing it."

"I have sidekicks too. Just putting that out there."

"Really?" she says, filled with mock dread.

"Sam and Tucker. They're probably wondering why I dropped off the face of the earth by now."

Rex laughs. "Yeah, same with Holiday. She must be crying for you Six."

The emotionless green suit guy just shrugs, probably trying to process what's happening here.

Clockwork speaks, now appearing as an adult, but I wasn't paying attention to his age shifting. "No more talk. You must figure out how to find Van Kleiss and defeat him on your own. That is all."

Unlike before, a clock-like portal created by Clockwork consumes all of us. In another flash, we're whooshed back into the basketball court from before. This will be a long day.