It Begins

Crimson ~

Pitiful teenagers. Maybe Clockwork has gone mad, because there can't possibly be a future where this all works out.

A boy that can make his fists look like a car and a boy who can fly. It sounds promising, but at this rate, the world is doomed.

The peasants recover from the time-travel flash and make more small talk.

"We must figure this out now," I order, silencing Rex, Daniel, and man with suit.

"Where's Clockwork?" Daniel asks me.

Idiot question, but if I don't tell him, he won't trust me. Actually, he may never trust me... But I can at least try. "His presence here ends in a future of failure."

Man with suit tests at the communicator in his ear. "Holiday, we're back at the gym."

The response is loud enough to be heard by everyone in the room. "WHAT? I've searched EVERYWHERE and you just pop right back. Do you realize how worried I was? Why didn't you contact me sooner? I'm going..."

The raging woman's voice continues to shriek from the communicator. Man with suit just arches his eyebrows and looks displeased at the silence in the room. Rex giggles immaturely. Daniel just looks confused.

After the call ends, man with suit, or "Six" just straightens his sunglasses and clears his throat at the awkward silence we created to listen in on his call.

Rex suddenly builds up his hands that look like cars and attempts something of a battle cry. "We gonna stand around all day or kick some Van Kleiss butt?"

I feel the need to answer this. "We do not know where he is."

"But I do," says a voice from across the room.

A new voice. How wonderful. Just as Clockwork said would happen.

Rex ~

Caesar storms through the double doors of the gym holding a thing in his hands. "Hello little brother," he says, ruffling my hair.

Danny speaks, breaking his streak of silence. "So where's Van Kleiss?"

"I was listening to you guys talking, and thought you needed this," he holds up the thing. "This is a tracking device like no other. It can track anything with nanites with their DNA."

"How?" I ask, studying the strange handheld machine, doing my best to ignore the fact that he was stalking our coversation.

"Does it matter? It works."

Crimson steps in again. "It doesn't. How do we get his DNA?"

"I have it. He was quite an interesting specimen when he faked his insanity years ago."

I laugh nervously, kind of embarrassed of my brother. "So where is he?"

Caesar spins a dial on the thing, making the small screen I just noticed light up. Sort of like google maps, it slowly pinpoints a location, but it doesn't look like earth.

Danny jumps up suddenly. "That's the ghost zone!" He shoves past me to get a better look.

Crimson makes another random comment. "Not surprising. He does have a portal there."

Ghostboy's face squints in confusion. "But aren't we looking for..." He pauses, searching for the name.

"Breach," Six says as Holiday and a few Providence soldiers explode through the doors.

Holiday flings herself at Six and they murmur loving phrases back at each other. I roll my eyes and look away quickly.

"I don't have Breach's DNA. How do you plan on getting to this... Whatever that kid said," Caesar says, pointing at Danny, sounding bored.

Crimson speaks again. This is irritating me and I don't know why. "I can teleport there with them. The loving couple over there is going?" She waves her hand at Holiday and Six, who are still embraced.

"Rex, can you explain?" Holiday asks, unlatching herself from Six.

"No, he can't," Crimson booms. And of course, the flashing teleporting only herself, Caesar, me, and Danny to the location on Caesar's thing.

Danny ~

Back in the Ghost Zone on an island I've never seen before. The guy that Clockwork showed on the screen stands right before us.

The green gauntlet glows with ghostly powers. I've never seen it before.

Rex's brother, I'm guessing, just looks around amazed, not even seeing Van Kleiss. "A different dimension! Wow!"

Rex builds up a different machine this time. It's a weird blue color and looks like a whip. "Surprised to see us, Van Kleiss?" Rex spits, pouring hatred onto his name.

"No."

At that very moment, a legion of ghosts appear from every direction.