Beyond Abnormal

Rex ~

I was playing basketball with Noah and then a white light went boom for a second. Then Noah vanished and the basketball dropped, bouncing slowly where he was dribbling.

"Seriously? What kind of prank is this!" I shout at the empty court, totally annoyed that he's so good at this.

"It isn't a prank, love." The voice sends a shiver down my spine. My nanites build up my metal fists at my command and I brace for a fight.

~ ~ ~

Danny ~

Everything changes. Everything. I'm no longer hovering in the sky. I'm standing in the middle of a basketball court while some random kid with giant fists glares at me, shocked.

The first thing I do is scream. The Fist-kid seems to be as freaked as I am and starts screaming too. "W-where did you come from?!"

I shake my head. "I have no idea." Oh, I'm still phased as a ghost. Quickly, I let the light screen over me and I phase back into a human.

"Are you an EVO?" Fist-kid asks, positioning himself to fight me.

I throw my hands out in front of me in innocence. "No! Wait, I don't know what that is."

A strange insect sounding thing echoes in the room around the kid. The metal fists turn into a metal cannon and I yelp in surprise.

"Are you a ghost?"

He laughs, probably to mask that he's scared. "A ghost? Are you insane?"

"Maybe... I was battling a ghost a minute ago and now I'm here."

He lowers the cannon and the insect sound reverberates again, shifting the cannon back into his hand. Now looking completely normal, he shakes his head.

"I was playing basketball with my friend a minute ago and then you just popped up here. And what's all this about ghosts?"

"I'm half ghost, half human." I phase and hover.

His eyes widen but he quickly composes himself "Uh, cool. I'm Rex... and I control nanites."

"Call me Danny. What the heck is a nanite?"

Again, shock registers on his face. "Where are you from? Mars?"

I laugh nervously and phase back into a human. "No. This place looks weird though."

"Of course it does, sweetie."

The voice from before! I spin around to face the direction where the voice came from. I notice Rex does the same. Before us stands a woman. She wears a black cloak that covers her completely. The hood is up, but she seems to have glowing red eyes. In her right hand, she holds a black staff with a red jewel at the tip.

"Hello. I am Crimson."

"Did you send me here?" I yell, clutching my hands into fists.

She rakes her red eyes up and down over me. "Yes. I brought you here with my dimension-traveling powers. You are here because the one called Clockwork, of Daniel's dimension, asked for my assistance."

"Assistance for what?" Rex questions, finally speaking.

Crimson turns her piercing scarlet gaze onto Rex. "Both of your dimensions will be destroyed if you do not cooperate with me." She smiles, revealing fanged white teeth. "Everyone you care about will no longer exist, along with your whole world."