Awesome

Rex ~

THIS IS SO COOL. I pretty much forgot how fun this was.

Monsters that aren't EVOs launch at me one after the other. I pound one evil green thing then the next, and right when I think I'm done, another flings at me. It's great! Like a sushi bar, even though I don't like sushi.

I build up my mechanical wings and stalk one of the ghosts that cowers from the rest of them. "Take this!" I swing my Smack Hands at the thing while it's stupidly has its back to me.

"Rex! Stop!"

The familiar voice startles me enough to destroy my machines, an inch away from the creature. Wait, did it speak? Too late to find out. It sounded like Breach. With my powers flat lined, I wait for gravity to pull me down. It doesn't come. "Huh?"

Danny flies up to me in his ghost form. "You're human. In the Ghost Zone, you're the ghost and I'm the normal one here," he explains, then bolts off to kill some more ghost globs.

"Weird..." Oh, wait. BREACH! The ghost glob that sounds like Breach turns to face me.

Breach looks down, looking ashamed. "You were my favorite."

That's when she throws me into a portal.

Danny ~

There's just too many random ghosts. I'm not even sure what we're trying to accomplish anymore. A ghost manages to claw at my side. 

"Die!" I roar, throwing etco-blasts every direction.

 A high pitched girly scream echoes around me. Was that Rex or Crimson? I fly up and away from the action and scan the battle scene.

Crimson is teleporting masses of ghosts to only god knows where, obviously not screaming. Caesar, Rex's brother, appears to be trying to examine one of the fallen ghosts. Creep. Rex is no where to be seen. 

So he was the one who screamed? I burst out laughing despite the horrific situation. He screams like Pualina!

Composing myself, I fly back down, only to run into Van Kleiss.

"Hey, have you seen Rex?" I ask, kind of intimidated. I slowly back away from him.

Up close, this guy looks like Plasmius. Or at least has that "I'm better than you" stance. The strange ecto gauntlet on his arm seems to have claws.

"Nanites are nothing to me now. Ecto-energy is so much more powerful," he shouts, probably to me but I'm not quite sure. The gauntlet extends suddenly and jabs at my arm, latching on.

"Hey!" I protest, struggling to break free.

"You're filled with energy... So much energy," Van Kleiss trails off, distorting his face into a crazy grin.

I feel my power being drained, and weakens is about to overtake me, which might be a good thing. As a human, I have no ecto-energy.

Reaching my limit, I phase back into a human and the crazed Van Kleiss looks stunned. "What are you?"

"I'm awesome," I say proudly, trying to mask my fear.

Crimson picks the perfect moment to show up. "Let him go," she commands, making him flinch back and release me. I scurry away and crouch behind Crimson. Yes, I know. I'm pathetic, but I just can't beat this guy.

"Only because he's useless to me now," he spits, retracting his extended gauntlet. His wicked grin grows wider. "I have Rex, by the way. Once I dispose of him, there will be nothing that could possibly kill me. Actually, Rex probably couldn't even kill the cowering teenager behind you, but better safe than sorry."

Crimson hisses. Like legit, hisses. Red energy heats the air around her and I wince back. Hothead much? I should be mad that the evil mastermind just called me a "cowering teenager" but hey, I can't beat him. I've given up. This is so beyond what I've dealt with. He's not even from my reality.

How could I possibly help stop this guy?