Purple Cloak Guy

Rex ~

I burst out laughing. The guy that just phased through the wall dramatically looks like he's five. I see Danny shoot me a disapproving look.

"What is so amusing?" The five year old shifts into an old guy with a beard. It makes me crack up more.

"You!" I'm nearly crying. "You flew through that wall with confidence but then like... you..." I trail off with another wave of laughter.

Six appears in my face. "Stop. We don't know what we're dealing with," he seethes.

The five year old/elderly guy shifts into an adult. Now I notice how unaffected he looks at my mocking. I hastily compose myself. 

"Typical. If I had any other choice, I wouldn't have brought you here," the purple-cloak guy utters, talking to himself.

"We're sorry, sir. Rex doesn't use his head sometimes," Six explains.

"Yes, I know" He pauses for a second, narrowing his red eyes in thought. "I am Clockwork."

Danny flies in between me and Clockwork. I just noticed he hasn't spoken since purple-cloak guy or "Clockwork" got here. "Rex. Clockwork is the ghost of time. He's helped me before," Danny explains.

Six brings his palm to his face and shakes his head. "Please let this be a dream."

I laugh at that. "There's still hope."

Clockwork shifts back into a five year old and clears his throat... sounding not five-year-oldish. It's not as funny now. "I know this is quite different for you Rex, but I need you to work with Crimson and Danny. Mostly Crimson, for she is the only other being who can possibly assist you in this matter."

Danny turns back into a human for some reason. "What 'matter' are we speaking of?" he questions scornfully.

"Van Kleiss, of Rex's reality, has forced open a portal to allow ghosts of this reality inhabit the other."

"Which meeeeans?" I inquire.

"Ghosts from this world are going into your world."

I tilt my head in confusion. "But my world doesn't have ghosts."

He nods and closes his eyes, shifting into an elderly guy again. I really want to know why he does this. "Yes. Eventually, enough foreign creatures of this world will go through the portal and corrupt the dimension."

Six steps forward. "Can you be a little more specific with the term 'corrupt the dimension?' "

Clockwork does a weird zone out thing and answers a second later. "Your dimension will start to disappear and scatter throughout other realms... very slowly, but this must be done now or the future will be set. While that happens, the ghosts from here will take pleasure in wrecking your world.

I consider this. Something to fight... I'm definitely in. "Okay, so what do I have to do?"

"What all three of you have to do is stop Van Kleiss and close the ghost portal. To clarify, you need to kill Breach. She is the one keeping the portal open."

I stiffen. Breach is my friend. Or is she? It's been too long. She's back with The Pack. It all screams enemy, but I can't get over what I saw in her years ago.

Danny grins. "Easy! Why is this so dramatic?"

Clockwork gives another disapproving head shaking thing. "What I've seen of Van Kleiss tells me he has changed drastically since Rex last encountered him."