Know You Better (Ed Sheeran and Taylor Swift)- Chapter 10

~Chapter 10~

Taylor rushed to the door, checking her reflection one last time as she did, and then swung it open. Before her stood Ed, his hair messy and sticking up like it had been at the party. He grinned at her, then held out his hand.

"How ya doing, Tay Tay?" Laughing, Taylor took his hand and shook it.

"Not bad, what about you, Edvard?" Ed burst out laughing and, making his way into her house, said,

"God, you make me sound like a vampire!" Taylor swung the door shut, following him as he wandered into her house. "This is awesome!"

"Thanks!" Smiled Taylor, staring round at the bright coloured wall. "You hungry? I might have gone a bit overboard with the snacks..."

"A bit?" Chuckled Ed, staring at the plates of food Taylor was pointing to. Picking up a cookie, Ed looked down at her guitar, and the piece of paper next to it. "So, is this your idea?"

"Err, yeah," Muttered Taylor. She'd never been nervous to show anyone a song she'd written, but showing it to Ed made the butterflies from yesterday reappear in her stomach. Luckily, she'd drafted out a new copy that didn't have doodles on such as 'T+E' on, as that would have just made her even more nervous. "What do you think?"

Ed nodded as he read the paper. "Sounds cool! Would you play it?"

"Sure!" Taylor scooped up her guitar and twisted the paper so her messy writing was facing her. She played through the song, but before she could go much further he stopped her.

"How about I come in halfway through the 'know you betters'? You have the first verse and first half, and then I join you on the second half..." He was blushing bright red and looked awkward, not confident like he had come across. "If that made any sense,"

Taylor smiled. "I get you," Quickly writing down who would sing what, another idea popped into her head. "And then we could both sing the chorus? And then you could have the next verse?"

"That works! Have you got another verse?"

"No..I've had ideas, but not really managed to put them into words, if you know what I mean?"

"Sure," Ed ran his finger through his red hair as he thought. "What were your ideas, then?"

"Something about, like holding back...and having your guards up..." Ed watched Taylor for a long time before speaking again.

"Do you mind me asking..." He said slowly, his eyes still bearing into hers. "Who's this song about?"

"Oh, ermm..." Taylor had to think on her feet, staring around the room until her eyes fell on a picture of her and Selena. "Selena!"

Ed looked stunned, so she quickly explained. "Not like that! Her and Justin...before they broke up she was telling me how perfect it was...when they first met! Yeah, and how she felt as though she could have just stayed with him forever, you know, like the world was changing around them, but she didn't mind. And how, she could have just stayed, forever, running her fingers through his orange..." Taylor realised she'd been getting a bit carried away with her own feelings. "Teeshirt!"

Ed raised his eyebrows. "Yep, he'd been wearing an orange teeshirt that day! Yep, very iconic, she loved the feel of it..." Taylor continued, "She loved that teeshirt!"

"Right..." Ed looked completely bewildered, scared even. "Just gonna go to the toilet..."

"Do you know where it is?" Taylor shouted after him as he ran out of the room.

"I'll find it!" He called back, as Taylor twisted round, holding her head in her hands. Well done, you've scared him off! She thought angrily.