CHAPTER 88

Tumayo siya at nilapag niya ang gitara sa upuan saka naglakad papunta sa direksyon ko.

I can't keep my eyes off her. Pinanood ko ang bawat hakbang niya na para bang anumang oras matatalisod siya.

She stopped when she was two steps away from me. Tumingin siya sa ibaba at pinulot ang orange na nabitawan ko na pala saka ito tinitigan at ngumiti. But her smile was different compared to her smile I've seen before.

"Mi media naranja" she said without looking at me then sighed.

I was speechless. I just stared at her at hindi pa rin makapaniwala na nasa harapan ko na siya.

"Do you know what it means?" she asked then looked at me.

She smiled at me. That's when I figured out what's the difference in her smile now. It's pure sadness and longing. I can see every emotions in her eyes as though it's mirroring mine.

"My other half of orange" she answered. I saw her eyes flickered as she looked away. She bit her lips and my heart skip a beat when I saw a tear fell on her left eye.

I immediately cutted the distance between us and pulled her in my chest. "I miss you" I whispered and let my tears streamed down my cheeks. "I miss you so much" hinigpitan ko ang yakap ko sa kanya.

She hugged me back.

I closed my eyes and feel her embrace. I could even hear my heartbeat. Siya lang talaga ang nagpaparamdam sakin ng ganito. My heart regained back it's strength and felt so alive again. Si Mikki ang kaligayahan ng puso ko.

"Welcome back" bulong ko nang hindi umaalis sa pagkakayakap sa kanya.

She didn't answer but it made me smile though. Hindi siya si Mikki ko kung sasagot siya. Mas hinigpitan ko ang yakap sa kanya. I don't care about the picture anymore. Yes, it did hurt me but my love for her is so much stronger na hindi kaya ng isang picture lang ang makakapagpabitaw sakin sa kanya. Walang katumbas.

Nothing could make me let her go.

If there are battles that are worth fighting for, there are also battles that are worth surrendering. But Mikki is the battle herself that's worth fighting and risking in every game.

"Im sorry.." I heard her mumbled.

I opened my eyes in shocked and my body stiffed but I felt her arms hugged me tightly. "Im sorry if I took so long " she said.

I released a sigh of relief. I closed my eyes and smiled widely. Parang hinaplos ang puso ko na nagpaalis lahat ng bigat na nararamdaman ko. Every pain I've felt vanished instantly.

"You're forgiven. You know i'll  wait for you kahit gaano pa katagal. Pero sana wag naman mangyari dahil para akong mababaliw. If ever there comes a day when you have to leave me again, I'll just stay to where you left me Mikki, I will not move, I will not try to escape, I will not look for help nor ask for a companion. I'll just wait for you to come back and pick me up again and I will promise you that im still yours, still whole as you'd left me without having any crack or damage." I pulled away and cupped her face. I smiled and looked into her eyes with so much emotion. "I love you Mikki, im in love with you" I said and kissed her forehead and hugged her again.

She chuckled when I nuzzled my face on the crook of her neck. "Namiss kong gawin to. Pwede bang ganito na lang tayo?" tanong ko habang nakapikit at inaamoy ang mabangong leeg niya.

"You can't" she answered.

I smiled. Ang sarap at ang gaang sa pakiramdam. Kuntento na ko.

"Let's eat" sabi niya saka ako mahinang tinulak palayo sa kanya.