CHAPTER 3

"Seriously?" tanong ni Lea.

"I'll introduce myself first," he stood up at lumapit sakin. "I'm Nathan Valderama, you can also call me Nate if you want to. I don't like girls, but girls likes me. And honestly, I'm interested in you," he held my hand and kissed my knuckles.

I saw Lea gasped.

I know what she's thinking. That last one who dared touching me got handicap.

The guy who sat across me laughed. I frowned.

"What's wrong with you, Ivan?" binitawan niya ang kamay ko at nakita kong nakahinga ng maluwag si Lea.

He's safe.

"Quite entertaining" the guy in front of me said, still laughing whilst shaking his head.

I stared at him and frowned. What's funny? He's weird.

"Tsk. Inggit ka lang!" the guy who kissed my knuckles smirked. "Do you want to kiss her hand too?"

The guy in front of me stopped laughing. "No. Thanks" he shrugged.

*

We went to our classrooms.

I sat again next to the window and the guy and the girl with pink ribbon sat beside me.

2 subjects had passed and nothing caught my interest yet.

"Okay class, get one whole sheet of paper" sabi ng prof pagkapasok na pagkapasok niya.

Naglabas lahat ng yellow pad.

"Get one and pass. You can answer that in 15 minutes. Ready, time starts now"

Interesting, 50 items quiz for the first day.

I answered all the questions. It's not really hard, well, in fact, the questions were just a recap from the previous lessons back in highschool.

"Pass your papers"

Silence.

"Okay. Two of this class got perfect scores. Impressive for the first day" prof said. "Mr. Meneses and Miss Torres, good job" the prof said without looking anywhere but at the papers.

"I will be your class adviser and i'll be handling two of your major subjects. I want this block section to be well organized. I wouldn't tackle a lesson since this is the first day, but I want you to vote for your class organization. Let's start!"

And they started voting.

What I hate the most is this. Voting. Electing. Nominating. I thought these things only exist in high shool.

"I nominate Mikki Gale Torres as President" one of the girl said.

I looked at her and frowned.

The voting finished and gladly I lost.

"No voting for Vice President, the one who got the second highest votes will be your class Vice President." the prof said.

"Deja vu? Destiny? I'm the President and you're still the Vice. Nice," the guy sitting beside me said and smirked.

I used to be a Vice President before that's all I remember, nothing more, nothing less. Back in L.A, class organization doesn't exist, you'll just have to pick a leader.

"All the officers, please come with me," the prof said before leaving.

I stood up and followed suit.

"I want all of you to be responsible and do your task well. As the President and the Vice, you two should cooperate with each other. I want the two of you to join the student council election, it will be held next week. Im counting on you, and for the rest, help them out. Questions?"

"Is it necessary to be a part of the student council?"

"Definitely. And.." She sighed before continuing. "Nevermind. You may go"

Weird.

Im not a good leader, I know, that's why I hate responsibilities. But why am i always dragged in this kind of situation?

"Miks!" Lea shouted.

Lea ran into me. Uwian na. We're walking at the hallway.

"How's the first day?" she asked.

"Im the Vice President" I answered nonchalantly.

"Woah! Persistent. Oh, are we going home na ba?" she asked.

"Dunno"

"Hi beautiful ladies" we automatically stopped.

The guys at the canteen.

"Yes, Nathan, Hans, Greg, Ivan and Camille?" si Lea.

"Uuwi na ba kayo? Gusto niyo bang sumama muna samin? Let's hang out!" that guy who kissed my knuckles looking directly at me.

I frowned.

"Sorry guys, she doesn't like hanging out. Thanks for the invite though." Lea answered

"Sayang naman, ihatid nalang namin kayo"

"No thanks" I shook my head.

I dragged Lea immediately when I saw our car approaching the parking lot.

"How rude!" She commented.

I just shrugged.

We got home. Lea, for the mean time is living with me. Their house is still underconstruction. Her parents are still in L.A.

We stopped in front of the main door. "You should be good to them Miks. Friends natin sila"

"Friends?" I raised my eyebrows.

"Yes, friends! It's about time to expand your cycle, Miks. Don't worry I'm never leaving your side," she smiled at me.

I just shrugged. If I could remember their names and they wouldn't bother me, maybe I can consider them. It depends on how they act towards me. I won't adjust for them because I hate adjustments.

We heard the main door squeak which made our head turned on it's direction. Then, a head popped out and a wide smile flashed on the face of the unexpected visitor.

"Missed me?"