CHAPTER 66

Mikki's POV

"Mikki.. im in love with you" he said.

Honestly, i already had an idea but didn't depended on it. Now it's positive.

The book 'The Four Stupid Letters' was right.

If the stares looked like you are the only one they could see, they might be in love with you.

I stared at him and became speechless, for the first time. I've encountered this before but nothing like what he just had said. It feels different.

In love?

I frowned.

The bell ring. "We're gonna be late"

Saved by the bell.

**

"Miks, may aaminin ako sayo" Lea said. "I kinda stalked you sa mall when you're with Dave" she bit her lip.

"Then?" i had to asked.

"Sinama ko si Ivan to make him jealous and to push him para umamin na sayo. You know? I sort of like him for you" she smiled at me.

"That's why" i murmured.

"Ha? What do you mean?"

"He said he's in love with me" i shuddered.

Lea almost spilled her juice. "He told you?"

I nodded, then she smiled. Creepy.

"Finally! Success ang plano ko! The power of jealousy won! Hahaha" she exclaimed. Having divine intervention.

**

"Please Miks. I won't disturb you again, just this one" Dave said.

I sighed. "K"

I stood up.

"Aalis ka na Dave?" Lea asked.

"Mikki will go with me" Dave answered.

"I won't be long" i shrugged and we left.

"I already bought the ingredients" he glanced at me "I tried to bake but it always went wrong. So, i really need your help, you're a great baker"

I didn't respond. I don't need compliment. I want to go back at Lea's house. Tss.

"Welcome to my place" he said and opened the door. "What do you want?"

I shook my head. "Let's start" i said.

He sighed and nodded.

"Here" i gave him the paper. "Just follow the instructions"

He nodded and smiled at me. "Thanks Miks. Travis will surely like this" he beamed.

I frowned.

"I have to go" i said.

"Hindi mo ba titikman yung ni-bake natin?"

I shook my head and stood up. He followed me and brought me back to Lea's house.

Noises.

They're still here. I went inside and I saw Lance drinking beer. Drinking alcoholic beverage isn't good for the health but it's good when you want to escape reality for a short time, just like reading books.

I stole the bottle from him and drunk it. I wonder what will be his reaction. He looked shocked.

I tilted my head and stared at him.

The way he look at me made me curious. Like, he's talking to my soul, if it's even possible.

**

"Miks!" Lea shouted over the phone. "Cutie's missing!"

I frowned. Fluffy puppy?

"Let's find him!"

"You have hangover. I'll do it" i said and ended the call.

I sighed. It's raining outside. I don't like animals but fluffy puppy is my puppy and he might be scared now. Tss.

I went to the park. This is the only place i know he'll go. Then i found him at the waiting shed with Dave.

"Miks!" he called.

"Why are you here?" i frowned.

"I was driving home and saw this cute puppy running around the field under this heavy rain"

Fluffy puppy ran over me and Dave looked surprised. "It's yours?" he asked.

I nodded.

I looked up and sighed. The rain doesn't seem to stop any moment. I felt a hand on my shoulder and i saw Dave. I just looked at him and frowned. I was about to step back. Three seconds, if he didn't let go i'll twist his arm.

1..

2..

I stopped counting when someone pushed Dave.

Lance.

I watched his reaction. He's angry.

"Are you okay?" his features softened when our eyes met.

I nodded. I saw Dave stood up.

"Im sorry Miks, but i really wanted to kiss you" he said.

My brows furrowed. What's with the kiss that everyone seems to want it badly?

Lance was about to punch him. I stopped him. I don't like violent people. "It's okay" i said.

It's not, though. But i want Dave to go before i get mad at him. I don't like feeling angry.

I'll make sure he can't go near me again. Because when he touch me again. I might break his bones.

Dave walked away. I stared at Lance. He was looking at me, he looked sad and hurt. His eyes moistened, i think he's about to cry.

I've never seen a crying guy.

He held my hand, i let him. Maybe he wants to be comforted, but i don't know how, so i just let him.

"Please, don't do this to me" he said. His voice wa shaking. Lips, quivered.

What did i do to him? Was it my fault? What did i do to make him cry? I was confused.

The he pulled me and hugged me. The warmth of his body made me calm. I forgot it was cold and raining. He tightened his hug and heard him sniffed.

He's already crying.

"I love you Mikki.. Im so damn in love with you. Please give me a chance"

I don't know what to say, it doesn't sink in. All i know was i needed to comfort him because i made him cry. I wrapped my arms around him. Maybe, hugging him back will do.

***★***

That's it. Im sorry for the short update. I just want to give you some glimpse of Mikki's thoughts, because the next chapter will be exciting. Wait for my update tonight or tom. Im telling you, im really into this story so expect very very fast updates. xD Thank you! :)