CHAPTER 11

"Cheers for the success of our project!"

"Cheers!"

Student Council President announced that we're having a meeting and what's weird about it was when they're just throwing a party instead of thinking for what's important things to do next.

Im not here to party with them so I didn't put my glass up in the air like they've did. I just sat on the corner like a total wallflower.

"Want some company?" the girl who always followed me and I'm starting to think she's a stalker.

I ignored her and became being numb around me. She sat beside me and drink her cola. She's talking nonsense but I dont give a damn. As long as I want to go home, others doesn't allow any of us to go home without drinking the only hard drink served on the table. Jack Daniels.

Or if you can't, stay until they've finished enjoying the moment. So I have to stay, not because I want to but because I dont want to drink.

I texted Lea and Kerr that I have a meeting.

It's boring. Having too much strangers around was not enjoyable. I lean on the sofa and closed my eyes.

I was tired.

I have a weak body that's why I easily get tired whenever I did not complete my nine hours sleep. I only slept for more like three hours that's why my head's already aching.

"Are you okay?" I forgot there's a girl beside me.

I didn't answer.

"Gusto mo ng tubig? Juice?"

I didn't answer.

"Mikki, I'm worried" there's a hint of concern in her voice that made me open my eyes.

I looked at her and I can see it clearly.

"Im okay" I said and smiled at her and went back on my position.

I heard her gasped but I ignored it.

For some reason, I feel like she doesn't deserve to be ignored. People around her were cruel enough to have her a nickname like witch. Who they are kidding? They're being too childish.

Half an hour have passed and and I'm still sitting here in the corner with this girl. She kept on telling me stories though I'm totally dumbfounded about it.

My headache becoming worst as time goes by. I stayed this way. This couldn't happen, not now.

"Mikki, you can't just sit there and do nothing while others are having a great time. Come on, join us!" I didnt bother paying attention to whoever said that. "Look at me when I'm talking"

I ignored her.

I was so lightheaded to even pay attention to some teenage drama.

"Leave her alone," I dont know who talks to who.

"Why witch, you found your new prospect?"

"Shut up!"

"You shut up! I'm the President here so this girl should know where she stands. Im sick of her stupid game. Acting cool with her cold shoulders won't do to me"

Then I heard gasped from everywhere.

Someone slapped someone. I can't afford to open my eyes because the noises makes my head real ache. My migraine's attacking me.

"Stop it!" a guy's voice shouted that makes the noises stopped.

I dont know what happened next.

After a few minutes. I felt someone's staring at me.

"You're just staying that way like nothing had happened in front of you. How numb can you be?" since i've heard that voice a lot, I knew exactly who was it. And for the fact that there's only one person who never fails to judge me the way he see's it, I knew it's Mr. President.

I stayed some more time, and I think everybody's home now. I picked my phone and answered whoever was calling.

["Where exactly are you?"] it's Lea.

"Going home"

["I'll pick you up. It's already late and im worried!" ]

"Im just resting, my migraine's attacking"

["Oh God! Why did you not tell me this earlier?! Where are you?!"]

I told her the exact address before hanging up. I took a deep breath before opening my eyes. Everyone already left except for one person whose standing next to the entrance door with crossed arms and his eyes were looking intently at me.

I fixed myself and stood up but I stumbled. He immediately ran to me.

"Don't move" he said.

I can't really move because my head was spinning and beating whenever I made a slight movement. He assisted me. Holding my arms until I properly sat back down the sofa.

I leaned again and closed my eyes.

This is my weakness. I can't do anything whenever I feel it. I have a very weak tolerance of pain.

"Mikki.."

"Miks!" two voices rang in unison.

Lea immediately ran to me.

"Let's go home" she said.

Someone carried me and I know its Mr. President. I didnt flinch. I can't, in fact.

I can hear his heartbeat because I'm so close to his chest. It's not a normal beating I could say. It's faster than usual.

"...... stupid. Get well." he whispered and left.