Darkness

I don't want to open my eyes. I don't want to wake up. When I wake up everything is going to be real. Right now I can feel the cold tracks of tears on my face, and ropes around my wrists cutting off my circulation, making my fingers throb. My throat feels unbelievably parched and scratchy. As I go to swallow I realize that there's a gag in my mouth. I listen for any signs of life, but I can't hear a thing.

        After a while of complete stillness I try to peel open my eyes. At first I don't think I really succeeded because I can't see anything, but then I realize it's to dark to see. Trying to sit up I notice I'm on a chair. Surprisingly there's nothing over my eyes but I still can't see a thing around me. When I try to move and get out of the ropes binding me there's no slack. There's absolutely no way to undo this knot. I can't get out of it, and even if I did there's no way I could see well enough to find a door-if there is one.

        I don't know how long I wait for someone to come for me. Eventually I slip in and out of consciousness, in and out of hallucinations. I keep thinking about everything that's happened to me over the past several months, and there's one person in particular I want to see. Jace. Just his name brings me a little bit of calm. After a while, I hear something and normally my head would have snapped up to see who was finally coming for me but I just can't bring myself to do it.

        A door creaks open, and a barely there light cuts through the room as footsteps come closer to me. Fear grips my heart and I can't breathe. They go behind me, and the next think I know I'm in someone's arms as they carry me out. We go down the hallway down two flights of stairs and then they set me down again. They mess around with the binds on my hands as I sit on the cold stone floor, vaguely noticing that there's a drainage hole in the middle of the room. I feel a bit of weight added to the binds around my wrists and then I'm being lifted up. For some reason I keep rising even after I'm standing and that's when I start to realize what's happening.

        Someone's raising me up suspending me 5 feet off the ground above the drainage hole. I can't see again but I know that someone's watching me. Their footsteps bounce off the walls as they circle me, and I can't help but shiver under their scrutiny. Fingertips brush along my cheek, and I barely manage to fight off a whimper. I don't want to show them such weakness. I will not give in this easily. I won't.

        The footsteps retreat and a wave of relief sweeps through my body. Suddenly lights flicker on and I have to close my eyes from the sudden glare of it as everything goes white. I blink a couple times, and when I finally have my eyesight back take a good look around. The room is pretty much bare, except for a house in the right hand corner in front of me, the drainage hole underneath me, and 2 tables full of tools on my right side. Hesitatingly I look up. The first thing I notice is the light switch which is about 10 feet away from me and is a simple string hanging from the one light bulb in the room. The second thing I notice is that there are no windows here, and only one entrance and exit. The door. Which currently is being guarded by someone.

        Looking into his almost charcoal black eyes. There's nothing there except a sick animalistic  glee. I hear the laugh I've dreaded hearing again since that night, and I finally get a look at the person who violated me. Buzz cut black hair, charcoal gray eyes, crooked nose, tall, muscles, and thin lips. All other features fade to the background as I stare him down. He chuckles again as he slowly walks forward, appraising me. He smiles as if this is any normal day and we're long lost buddies. He stops in front of me and turns toward the tables, fingering the sharp, sterile objects.

        "Nice to meet you officially Emma. My name is Lewis. I've been waiting, curious as to when our next meeting would be. I see you still have the gift I left you," he points to the cross on the inside of my right arm, "I was thinking we could have some more fun together. What do you think?"

        He looks over at me, smiling. I'm still staring at his eyes when I feel the sharp sting of the knife when it slices into my stomach. Pulling in a sharp gasp I try not to breath, to keep myself from crying out in pain. My eyes water, and his eyes get a crazy look in them as he comes close and caresses my cheek whispering,

        "Oh, don't worry my girl. Hold them in as long as you can. We'll break you soon enough, and the harder you make this......the more fun it will be."

        As he finishes he shoves the knife straight into my stomach and leaves it there. I feel the heat drain from my face as I lose my breath, barely fighting off a scream. I try to absorb the blow and move my stomach back but it's still there, and as I try to fight away from the cool steel in my stomach he shoves it in farther and twists. Letting out a yelp he pulls it out but I only get a brief moment of relief before he shoves it back in about 3 inches away from the first hole. My breathing hitches and he turns back to his table to pick out his next toy.