The palace all in all was heavily glazed with splendour and majestic beauty. From the cream walls with golden flowery patterns painted on them. The gold and marbled Sculptures lining the hallways and corridors and the ancient tales of war and sexual unions were painted upon the ceiling.

We passed through a courtyard with a growing maze of athelas, prickly bells and more flowers to drive a florist mad. A massive fountain with three round basins was in the centre of the courtyard. Water flared out from the crown of a golden sculpture of Kalithseus in the middle of the fountains.

Servants bustled about to do their work of day. Once they spotted me I could smell their excitement at the prospect of having to cater to a guest.

My eyes flew rapidly to see every artwork that beautified the palace. There was not a palace outside this portal that could rival this one. Even my palace paled in comparison to this otherworldly palace.

This was not at all what I had been expecting when I pictured Ultera.

My thoughts of this kingdom had been of darkness, the rancid smell of rotting flesh, blazing fires and rivers of blood. And not forgetting the screams of haunting pain that would fill the. I had pictured hideous creatures that reeked of malice and blood, and thirsted for blood. My mind would conjure up images of the creatures ravaging those who are lower in status in the most heinous ways imaginable.

Perhaps this was all an illusion and I was going to wake from this seemingly paradise to the more twisted version of everything I've imagined it would be like.

The handmaidens pushed open the set of heavy golden doors and beckoned us to step in. Once we were inside they went to stand next to the steps that led up on the throne.

" His Majesty will be with you shortly."

We nodded in understandi then took that moment to look at my surroundings.

Nude drapings twisted around cream marbled columns. On either side of the path that led to the throne were round sunken pools were mermaids and merman peered curiously at us.

The vaulted ceiling had nude paintings on it. Water cascaded from the ceiling to the round basins mounted on the walls then fell once more to the drains on the floor right beneath the basins.

Swirly patterns were carved into the walls. Tall arched windows were opened letting in a soft wind to which the drapings from the windows bellowed to.

The throne itself was a sight to behold. It was grand and captivating. Any king would do just about anything to sit just once on it. Nude women with roots wrapped around them were carved into the arms of the throne. The back of the throne was branched and leafy, and flared out like a A peacock's tail.

After a few minutes his majesty finally graced us with his presence. He had on a sheer black cloak embellished with gold. It was left open revealing his taut  glistening form. He also wore a black loincloth with an added cloth that fell all the way to his knees with a belt of chains that were woven like a spider's web that held the loincloth from getting loose.

His long red hair was longer than the first time I saw him. It cascaded all the way down to the end of his back. A tribal tattoo dominated the entirety of his left arm, to the crook of his neck and abs. The more I looked at it there more it looked like armour. He looked absolutely mouthwatering in his royal finery.

He sat on his throne with an air of arrogance radiating off of him in waves. His face as chiselled as that of a sculpture. He was a true reflection of beauty and perfection. An essence of masculinity and elegance. His stature bespoke one who was born into splendour and sophistication.