Fifty One // A Date

Start from the beginning

"Well I've only had sex once." I said.

"I've never had sex." Liz said, lying down and propping her head on her hand.

"Prude." Julie said, making Liz roll her eyes and flip her off. "Relax, I'm kidding. It's actually really cute that you're still a virgin. It shows that you have a lot of self respect." She said.

"Not it doesn't, it shows that I'm a nineteen year old loser. But that's not what we are talking about. We're talking about how Caitlin is going to have so much fun tonight. Where are you guys going?" Liz asked me.

"We're going to dinner and then to a movie. Cliché, I know, overused, yes, but it's still cute. I'm excited." I said, trying to suppress the smile that was overtaking my face.

Liz giggled, "Of course you are, and that sounds really cute."

Just as she said that there was a knock at the door and I could hear Marty calling my name. I squealed as Julie quickly wiped some lipstick onto my lips and then announced that she was done. I stood up, wobbling a little bit because of the heels. I laughed to myself before walking towards the door and opening it up.

Marty stood in front of me, dressed in a collared shirt and a pair of dark jeans. I smiled widely as he complimented me, and as I thanked him, I could hear Julie yelling, "Have fun you crazy kids, but not too much fun!"

"Yeah, don't have sex." I heard Liz yelled. I shook my head and walked out of the hotel room, closing the door behind me.

"Sorry about them, they are kinda stupid." I laughed awkwardly.

"It's fine," He waved me off, "Now are you ready to have fun? And by fun, I do not mean having sex or anything like that?" He asked.

I laughed and nodded, taking his outstretched hand. "I am."

<><>

I smiled as Marty wrapped his arm around my shoulders, pulling me into his side. We've just finished dinner at an Italian restaurant and few blocks away. Dinner was only slightly awkward with a quiet tension to it, like most first dates go. But as soon as we were out of the stuffy restaurant and in the streets of the city, we were laughing and making jokes again. Now we were standing in line at the IMAX theater, waiting to get tickets to see Guardians Of the Galaxy.

The person in front of us moved out of the line and the man behind the counter nodded his head towards us. We both walked up and Marty asked what I wanted. I quickly ordered a small popcorn and a small diet coke. We had just come from dinner and I wasn't really that hungry. I could never eat that much at a time. Marty on the other hand could, because he ordered a large drink and popcorn.

Unfortunately Marty had to remove his arm from my shoulder so he could grab his food, but he first grabbed mine and handed it to be before grabbing his. "Thank you." I quietly said to Marty.

"No problem babe, come on, we should get some seats. I've heard that this is a good movie." Marty said, nodding his head towards the theaters.

"Yeah, I heard that Jack Frost is hot." I laughed.

Marty rolled his eyes. "Not as hot as me though, right?"

"Oh of course not."

"Good." Marty laughed. I laughed along with him as we entered the dim lit theater. I followed Marty to a seat in the middle of the theater and sat down, crossing my legs. Marty sat next to me and took a sip of his soda before turning to look at me. "I'm really glad that you're here with me. Listen, I've lik-"

He was cut off by a girl gasping. "Oh my God, you're Caitlin West. You're in Jay Cee El. You're on the X Factor. Holy crap." She said. I looked over at Marty, who was staring at the girl in shock. This has only happened to me once before, and that was when I was with the girls two weeks ago.