Nine // A Drop In The Ocean

[rewritten]

Here is the next chapter!

Enjoy!

<><><><><><><> 

Liz's P.O.V

"She makes me feel like I'm less than, I don't know. It's weird. I feel like she's just this… I don't know. I'm just glad that I won't have to deal with her for much longer, at least I hope not." I said, referring to the brunette that I've run into twice this morning.

I don't even know who she is, I don't know her name, I don't know how well she sings. The only thing that I do know about her is that she clearly doesn't like me. I've barely said anything offense to her. I told her the song that I was singing and I told her why I was passing out the water bottles. I don't know why she wouldn't like me. Then again, I do have the worse trait to posses, according to my mom. You don't judge others, so you never expect them to judge you. She always tells me that, though I've never understood it. I know that people judge me - like Haley. I guess I can't please everyone.

"Who cares? No matter the results of this show, I'm sure that you'll never see her again. Now we have another fifteen water bottles to hand out so let's get this done." Beck said.

"Yeah, you're right. Thanks for helping me out by the way. I just felt bad for them, having to do so much work with a hundred and twenty people." I said, smiling as I handed a younger guy a water bottle. The teen thanked me quickly before returning to his conversation with a pretty girl.

"Don't worry about it Liz, what else is there to do? Besides, this is nice. Are you ready for your solo song? They are already at the I's and you're a J." Beck said.

"Yeah, I think I'm ready. I've loved this song since it first came out back in two thousand and eight, hard to believe that that was four years ago. It feels like longer." I said, shaking my head.

"Tell me about it. I was a sophomore in two thousand and eight." Beck said.

"I was a freshman." I cringed at the thought of my earlier years.

"Ha, so young." Beck said, nudging my side.

"I'm only a year younger than you, jeez." I shook my head.

Beck went to say something, though the sound of Mark calling the next person cut him off. "Elizabeth Johnston." Mark said into the megaphone.

I felt as if all the blood drained from my face. Crap, it was my turn. I knew I literally just said that I wasn't that nervous but man, I really am. I let out a breath of air as Beck sat down the box and patted my shoulder in a comforting way. "Good luck Liz, you're got this." He said.

"Thanks Beck, I'll see you in a few minutes." I said.

We said a quick goodbye before I walked over to where Mark was standing. He smiled at me and set his arm around my shoulder, telling me of all the small details that I would need to know. Like where I would enter the stage and where I would get my microphone. I nodded my head along with what he was saying before I was sent off through the doors that led to the stage.

When the doors shut behind me, I was handed the microphone by a stagehand who's nametag read Derek. I smiled as a thank you and started to make my way out of the stage. Standing in front of the judges again was a bit nerve wrecking. This was only the second time that I've seen them in person and this was the second time that they've seen me.

I took a deep breath as I got to the middle of the stage. I was nervous for this, but I felt like I was ready. I feel more prepared than I was for my audition and I feel like this is where I belong. I'm ready for this. So when Demi smiled and asked how I was doing, I felt a smile appear on my face.