Thirty // Labor Day Weekend

[rewritten]

Here is the next chapter! You all find out about Liz's fangirl ways in this chapter yay

Enjoy!

<><><><><><><><><> 

Caitlin's P.O.V

"He was right, we do sound pitchy and flat in this. I think that we need to work more on harmonizing as well. Maybe we could try playing some vocal games or something." Julie said later that night.

We spent most of the afternoon at Keith's studio, working on us singing together. Keith was right, we did sound really good together. He was also right about us sounding a bit pitchy and sometimes flat. We weren't professionals quite yet and we did have a lot to learn. I was excited for what we were going to learn, I've got to be honest. I can't wait until we got to the judges homes and get our mentor. I'm so nervous for who we will get placed with.

"We could use my phone and just sing into it, listen, and see what needs to be fixed." Liz said, pulling me back into reality. I looked up from my nails that I had been picking at and over towards Liz. She was sitting crisscross on her bed, writing on that song notebook of hers. I stood up and walked over to her bed, climbing on it so I was soon at her side. I looked down at the closed notebook, reading what she had written. Niall.

"If I didn't know any better I would say he was actually your boyfriend." I said.

Liz sighed happily, a lazy smile on her face. "A girl could only dream. Do you like him? Well, them?" Liz asked.

"Who? One Direction? Well I never got into them, to be honest. I never had the time. I was busy with school or my family stuff." I shrugged my shoulders.

"Well who do you think is the cutest?" Liz asked, nodding her head towards the framed poster to our left. I looked over at the picture, taking in the young boys. To be honest, they were all cute.

"Uh, well I think that they are all kinda cute. They look super young, he looks like he's fourteen." I said, pointing at the curly haired one, Harry.

"Ha, yeah he does kinda. They are all pretty cute, I'm not going to lie. Thought Niall has always been my soft spot. I've got a thing for blonds I guess." Liz said, looking at the poster. She smiled at the poster before turning back to me, tucking  strand of hair behind her ear.

"I never really got the chance to become a fan of them. I mean like, I like their music. I was just so busy with school and my friends and everything. I'm guessing you had the free time to become a part of the fandom." I said.

Liz laughed, "Yeah, I did. Want to get to know them a little more?" She asked.

"What do you mean?" I asked, my eyebrows knitting together in confusion.

"I mean," Liz said, leaning forward for a minute, "Do you want to know why I like them so much?"

"And how do we do that?"            

"By watching the video diaries. Come on and sit next to me."

I looked over at Julie, who shrugged. "Julie, why don't you watch too."

<><> 

I set the curling iron down on the bathroom counter, looking at my reflection. Today was September first, the day before labor day. Liz's town hosted an annual labor day weekend fair and we were going. I was a little nervous, being that this was the first time that we would be out and about as a band. I'm not sure if people will pick up on us being in a band, we are supposed to keep that on the down low before the episode airs.