Chapter 16

~Three Months later~

~Colin~

I sit on the couch, Steven giving me a foot massage. I love him.

"You okay, babe?" He asks, attempting to look over my enormous stomach. I'm eight months and I'm just about ready to pop.

"Yeah, but River is being a bit rambunctious." I pout, rubbing my stomach.

"Babe, are you sure you'll be fine while I'm gone?" Steven has some stupid ass mandatory teaching seminar out of town.

"Yeah. I just got to stay in bed and keep my supply of food high."

"That's my boy." Steven smirks, continuing to massage my feeties.

***

"Okay, sweetheart. I'll be back in two days. Don't over work yourself and please be careful." Steven rests his hands on my shoulders and I look up to kiss him.

"I'll be careful, Stevey. Just please hurry back." I pout, resting my head against his hard chest.

Steven kisses my head and kneels down to my stomach. He looks up at me and raises my shirt to kiss my bump.

"I love you, little guy. Don't keep Daddy up too long, he needs his sleep." Steven says, littering tiny kisses around my stomach.

"I love you, Steven." I speak, kissing his lips.

"I love you too. Get some sleep and Rony said he'll be by to check on you later." I nod and Steven exits the apartment leaving me lonely as all hell.

I rest on the couch, my feet aching from standing. I rub my belly, waiting for Rony to come over.

A sharp pain spreads in my lower abdomen, but I ignore it and continue to rest. Where the hell is Rony?

~Three hours later~

"Anyone home?" Rony walks into the room, tossing his backpack on my floor beside the door.

"No. There is totally not an eight month pregnant guy in the center of the room." I roll my eyes, flipping Rony off in the process.

"Well someone just bitched them self out of ice cream." Rony smirks, walking off into the kitchen.

"You won't leave a pregnant guy starving," I state, pouting.

"Well, I didn't think I'd sucker punch my teacher in front of my class. Life's full of surprises." Rony hands me a mini carton if ice cream and a spoon, before plopping down beside me.

"Thank you, Rony. So what do you have planned for tonight?" I ask, resting my feet on his lap.

"I don't know. Honestly, being here is the highlight of my day." He responds, taking the remote and switching to TLC.

"So you don't mind being here?"

"Of course not. You're my friend, and the past shit won't change that." Rony looks over, giving me a comforting smile.

"Thanks, Rony. I- Fuck!" My words are cut short by a large spike of pain ripping through my abdomen.

"Colin, what's wrong?" Rony kneels beside me and at that exact moment, I feel a liquid spread across my ass. Oh my god.

"Rony, I think my water just broke." I say panicing.

"Really? Fuck shit, we have to get you to the hospital!" He exclaims combing his fingers through his blonde hair. "Do you have an overnight bag packed?" I nod and point the direction of the bedroom.