Au Revoir Et A Demain

MARINETTE

I walk out of the theater along with Adrien, after we watch 'Finding Dory'. It is a really amazing film. What made it even more amazing is that I watched it with Adrien.

"Looks like my driver won't be here." Adrien says, tucking his phone into his pocket. "Do you mind if I walk you home ? It's kinda getting dark, so.."

"No, I don't mind." I say, then quickly add. "But not because I'm incapable or something. It's because I'd like some company." 

Adrien's eyes go wide. Then he starts giggling. "No, I don't think you're incapable. It's just.. I'd like a nice walk. But definitely not alone."

About 15 minutes later...

"Shall we meet up at the park on Thursday at 5:00 PM ?" I ask, once we're a block away from my home.

"Sure. Wait, how did you know I was free at 5:00 PM on Thursday ?" He counters, puzzled.

"Umm.. Lucky Guess ?"

"Oookay ?" 

He just shrugs it off (Thank god. I don't think I'd want him to know that I have his entire schedule hung up on my ceiling.) and we continue our walk to my house. However, once we reach, there's a surprise. More accurately, a person. 

Alya.

"Marinette ? Can we.. talk ?" She asks, looking down at her feet. I look at Adrien. He probably sensed that we need some time alone.

"A demain, Marinette (See you tomorrow, Marinette)." He says.

"A demain." I reply, and he starts for his house, which is about 6 blocks away. I turn to face Alya, a million questions running through my mind. What is she doing here ? What does she want with me ? Why does she want to talk to me ? Did something happen ? Did she and Lila fight ? But those are only a part of what is in my mind. And I have to find the right thing to say. I hare to admit this, but... this is my ex-best friend we're talking about.

"What are you doing here ?" I ask finally.

"I.. Needed to talk to you, Marinette.. You see, I know... About.. you know." She replies, the nervousness evident in her voice. But, somewhere, I myself feel a twinge of nervousness. 

"You know what ?"

"Well, you see, about a month ago.. I was coming to your place to give you your homework. And, I saw Ladybug leave from your rooftop. I thought nothing of it since I thought you both were friends. But, when I got to your room, you were missing and I got suspicious. And, I'm sorry to this, Marinette, but your diary was open.. And I got a glimpse of the words 'Being Ladybug'.." At this point, Alya looks into my eyes (NO SHIPPING), and continues, "I.. I was angry. Because you kept such a big secret from me. I thought you didn't trust me, and me made me feel... cast away. I'm.. sorry, Marinette."

I think I took Alya by surprise, when I wrap my arms around her.  "Of course I forgive you. Your my best friend." I say, as she hugs me back.

"In fact, I think I should be the one apologizing. I'm sorry for not telling you earlier. I had no choice. I had to protect you." I pull back, and smile at her, which she returns.

"I understand. I'll see you tomorrow, best friend." Alya says, waving, and runs in the direction of her house.

"See you tomorrow, bestie." I say, and go inside my own.

SUNSET 

Later that night... 

It is probably the middle of the night. I look at the clock hung above Pinkie's bed. 1:00PM. Well, at least I'm close to guessing. I stand up and carefully make my way to the kitchen. Pulling out a chair, I sit down. It kinda feels wrong, but I can't help thinking...