f o u r t y - t w o

Start from the beginning

"I can't and I won't." I'm shaking as guilt weighs on me. I close my eyes catching my breath. And that's when I feel it. The cold metal clicking around my wrist.

"What the fuck, Wally?" I'm boiling right now. My eyes fall to the handcuff that is around Kyan's and I's wrist. "I'm sick and tired of your jokes. Unlock it. Now!" I'm losing my patience and the smug on his face isn't helping.

"Wally," Kyan says between his teeth. "Unlock it."

Wally shrugs. "I don't have the keys."

"You guys are going all fifty shades of grey out here," Alberto says as he joins us. I'm going to burst. Calm breath, Lis. One...two...three...four

"Do you have a whip somewhere around here Wally? Or better yet, butt plugs?" Alberto remarks. I burst. "Wally, unlock it now or so help me God," I threaten. Alberto opens his mouth to speak but I cut him off. "Not another word, Al-hoe-rto." From the corner of my eyes a hint of a smile spreads on Kyan's face.

"Are you in on this? Are you seriously that desperate?" I put him in place. His face falls. "Good to know that you think so little of me."

I roll my eyes. "Come on. Let's find a place with hardware materials," I tell Kyan and raise my middle finger to Wally whose absolutely enjoying every second of it. I'll make sure he won't sleep with any girl for a month. That will teach him not to mess with me.

"It's after midnight, Èclaire. There's no place opened."

"Don't call me that," I tell him. "There must be someplace open."

"Not that I know of. I guess you're stuck with me."

"Stuck is the right word." Why am I being so mean to him? The only mistake he did was kissing me; however, it doesn't feel like a mistake. "Sorry. I don't know what got into me."

He smirks, already knowing what he will say. "Don't say it," I threaten.

"Kissing you got into you," he says it. I rub my eyes, already exhausted. We've been walking for over twenty minutes. I can feel his hand aching to wrap around mine and when I glance at it, he doesn't hesitate to hold it. I let it for a few seconds until I let go.

"Kyan, you need to stop. I don't want you fighting for me."

He looks away. "You want him," he finishes the sentence for me. I sigh.

"It's getting late. We should probably head back to my place and sleep it off. We'll figure it out tomorrow morning." He sounds off.

"Okay," I agree. I follow him back to his car and we drive silently back. He decided to drive with one hand after he yanked my arm with him as he turned left. It's utterly silent and I feel uncomfortable. We will share the same bed. I only shared it with Adam. I don't want to do this.

When we arrive to his place, the familiarity of it gives me comfort. I make my way up to his bedroom as he follows. He starts unbuckling his pants. I look away. "What are you doing?"

"Sleeping in my briefs. You don't want to sleep in your jeans either." My hand is extended as so is his, as he reaches out for a shirt in his drawer and passes it to me. "First of all, you're going to wear pj's. Second of all, I'm not sleeping in a shirt. Give me some pants, please." He digs in his drawer again and then hands me a pair of blue pants. How the hell am I supposed to change? I turn and cover my eyes. "Your turn. Change."

He almost chuckles at my ridiculousness. "Whatever you say, Èclaire." My arm keeps involuntarily moving  as he changes. When he calls out he's done, I open my eyes but directly close them again. "I said put on some pants."

"Fine," he gives in. When I open them again, I close them again. "And a shirt, Kyan!"

"I usually sleep naked and now you want me to wear my wardrobe?" He remarks.

"I don't give a shit what you do, I want to sleep peacefully tonight."

"Why? You're scared you might actually do what you finally want?" He challenges.

"Close your eyes. Don't peek. I'm dead serious." I tell him. He does as told. And as the gentleman he is, he respects my wishes as I change out into a baggy shirt and pants. I inhale his scent of candles and heat.

We place a barrier of pillows in the middle and wish good night for each other. But it isn't until a few hours that my alarm goes on. I rub my eyes furiously and accidentally yank Kyan's hand in return.

"Stop. Moving," he sleepily asks with his rusty voice.

"We have work. I'll be late," I explain as I wait for him to get up. He's sleeping on his stomach as the sun hits his perfect profile. "I'm your boss. You're excused."

"Get. Up," I order. I keep yanking his arm until he finally gives in. My hand feels almost dead with the rusty metal piercing my skin. "We need to open this," I gesture to our hands.

He rubs his eyes as he sits up, his shirt on the floor and his pants. He was covered up with the blanket before, so I couldn't tell. "What's your excuse? Your clothes were made of gold and a leprechaun stole it?" I don't wait for his reply as my eyes fall to his six packs and the highlighted V. I look away immediately as my cheeks turn red.

He smirks. "I might have something to cut it loose." He stands up and waits for me to do so. I follow as he reaches his backyard garden, opening a closet that had hardware material everywhere. My blood boils. "You had this here the whole damn time?"

"I was quite tipsy last night. Couldn't focus. You were too close to me," he shrugs. I inhale from my nose. "Fine. Cut it loose."

I watch as his muscle contrast and relax in motion with the chain saw. My hand is placed over a wooden board, as far away from him. I still haven't said a word about what my feelings are toward him. I won't lie to myself anymore. I have feelings for him but they'll be hidden way too deep. All boys are the same, they just show it at different times. I need to take care of myself because no one will.

"All done," he smiles at me as he places the chainsaw away. The chain between the handcuffs is broken but the cuffs still surround our wrist. "Do you know how to pick a lock?" I ask him.

"No," he says. "But I'm pretty sure we can find someone who can," he confirms with a smile. I smile back. "Let's get changed first. You still have some cloth left in the guest room. And then we'll take care of it. Okay?" He steps closer with a smile. I don't know how or why but he can sense my complications. He steps even closer and plants a warm kiss on my forehead. My eyes shut involuntarily.

And that's when we hear the doorbell ringing furiously.