~Chapter 10~

When the video ended, you searched desperately for any other evidence of a forgotten past. Coming away with nothing, you huffed and adjusted your earbuds, blasting Crossfire by Stephen to the point you'd be left deaf. But hey, what better way to listen to music?

Sans stayed at the end of your bed like a tub of stubborn lard. A roaring snore escaped him and you rolled your eyes. You tried to turn your music up, but you could still hear it clearly over the loudest volume. Growling to yourself,you kicked him aggressively and waited for him to wake up. It room a few more tries but be eventually woke up.

"Did you want something pet?" He asked drowsily.

"Can you go home or something? You're snoring way too loud!" You hissed.

He looked at you dully and rolled over, proceeding to sleep. Growling, you flung your legs over the side of the bed. Pain laced the broken limb but you ignored it, popping another pill. Your soul exposed itself, twisted and growing into a crutch. You smiled, thanking god silently for this magical ability.

Leaning heavily on the crutch, you stood. You grabbed your bag and stuffed a few things in it, throwing it over your shoulder. You limped from the room, setting a destination in your head. When you glanced back, the idiot was already sound asleep.

You closed the door behind you, rolling your eyes. As you left the hall in front if the rooms, you caught glimpse into the living room. Frisk and the others were all consumed in their own small activities. Frisk seemed fine, though Rey and Dash bothered had a few scratches here and there.

You smiled, happy they were okay. You took your things and left through the front door. You could remember the trip to the house well and had bookmarked several locations along the way that were seemingly untouched by monster civilization. Quiet places, good for thinking.

No one noticed as you slipped away. You limped silently, the music in your ears putting the visuals on mute. Small monsters noticed two things about you as you passed them: you were injured and you were powerful. Every look you got was either fearful or challenging. They didn't start any battles but you could tell they wanted to.

You walked quietly in time to the music, until finding your destination. Coincidently, it was the very place this had all started. You stepped through the archway and looked up at the towering pillars. At the top was the hole to the surface, stars just past the top. You snickered, realizing how messed up your sense of time had become.

You walked to the center of the bed of flowers and sat, legs crossed neatly. Unplugging your headphones, your music filled the cavern. (Play the track of you want to. It's not really that important to the story but I love the song.)

From your bag you removed your sketchpad, flipping it to a clear page. You started with basic shapes, curling them delicately until they mimicked the shapes around you. You recreated the Ruins you'd seen, writing about its inhabitants and special features in detail. It was similar to a log you kept. Everytime something extraordinary happened you logged it like this. You'd draw something special from that experience, then logged it. It was a much better alternative to any 'dear diary' shit.

As your playlist droned on, page after page was filled with drawing then entry. You drew the monsters you'd met and elaborated on their characters. Some were put into more while others were barely a few sentences long.

You hummed to the music, filling your sketchpad steadily. As a sketch of Toriel was finished, a rustle echoed off the walls behind you. You furrowed your brows turned around cautiously.

"Hello? Anyone there?" You called, looking behind you.

The flowers wavered gently and you jumped slightly. Your crutch flickered, shrinking into your pistol. You grabbed it cautiously, twisting gently. Your leg was left useless so you had to be careful.