~Chapter 3~

Papy pointed towards you and Frisk with a blank expression. No magical bones or attacks came out of nowhere, making you ease away from Frisk just slightly. He seemed to enjoy seeing you so on edge.

"Through what I have observed from these humans behavior, and comparing it to the behavior of humans as they've been spoken about it legend, I've come to a conclusion." He spoke loudly.

Sans sat, watching his brother with admiration in his eyes. You smirked to yourself as you looked between the brothers. You'd seen it enough to know when the tough guy facade was just an act. Under the spikes and glares you could see how they admired each other.

You turned your gaze back to Papy, raising a brow. "Verdict?" You asked, tensing slightly in case you had to run.

He pounded down the stairs without a word and stood directly in front of the couch you sat on. He pointed a gloved hand at Frisk and began to speak.

"In the days I've known this child, you've displayed many desirable traits... Many that contradict from the legend human behavior. You've displayed openness, kindness, courage, generosity and most of all, determination. This makes you a valuable ally."

He turned his arm towards you and you waited. "In the time I've known you-"

"Less than an hour." You muttered.

"You have displayed traits of bravery, loyalty, wit, strength and passion for your goal. This also makes you a valuable asset."

He folded his arms behind him and straightened his posture. "This has led me to deciding it best I spare you both."

Sans seemed surprised by his brothers decision. "But boss, what's Undyne gonna say when she finds two humans running around Snowdin and in tact?" He asked.

You stuck your tongue out at Sans and laughed. Papy looked at his brother with a solid expression of annoyance.

"Don't question my decision Sans. If Undyne has a problem with them, I'll simply explain to her why we need them."

"And if she doesn't agree with you?"

"I'll take care of her."

Frisk went rigid beside you and you put your hands around his. "Don't worry Frisk, I won't let anyone get hurt." You whispered to him.

Sans glanced at you, then Frisk. His expression showed distrust as he examined us. More so towards you than towards Frisk.

You ignored the skeleton and stood, taking Frisk's hands. Clearing your throat, you spoke clearly so you had everyone's attention.

"Well, it's nice to know we have two more monsters in our side, but I have to get back to my friends so we can figure out a way out of here."

Frisk looked at you with sad eyes. "Can't I stay here? I like it here!"
He pled.

You laughed. "I'm sorry Frisk but I can't completely trust a person I just met, especially if the first time I see them is when they're about to kill you. And the short one seems a tad too far on the off side."

You turned your gazed towards your tall new 'friend.'

"I'm sorry Papy, but I don't feel comfortable leaving Frisk alone with you. So I'll go get my friends, and we'll come back through some other time."

He shook his head. "Unacceptable. Almost every monster out there expects you both dead by the time that door opens again. You can't just go walking, not without a cover."

You raised a brow. "Okay, you can escort us and claim that we're prisoners. Like you're saving us for this Undyne chick or something."

Papy ponders it a moment then sighs. "Fine, but you are aware that we will be treating as prisoners. Not as allies. No exceptions. We won't protect you."