Chapter 9 - I'll pray for you

Start from the beginning

Whoa, she is one all around deceptive girl. You would never think from her face that she had a hard, muscled body like that. The muscles in her shoulders were defined as well as her biceps and triceps. Wow. No, not wow Seth, get it together. I notice she is thrusting something under my nose.

            "This says Seth Campbell see?" the tag has my bloody name on it. I scrunch the shirt in my hand seeing red. The little goddamn thief.

            "What the hell Avalon, when did you get this?" If she was in my room last night I will kill her.

The little bugger turns to the blue guy and bites her lip, obviously trying to stop herself laughing. I fling the shirt down on to her desk trying to relieve some of this build up.

            "Avalon..." I start; my voice is practically dripping with anger. I can't believe I'm about to explode and she just sits there giggling. Why doesn't she respect me like everyone else?

            'Avalon, I swear to God" I growl.

            "There will be no swearing to God in this class, Seth, sit down." Damn it Peter is here, but I don't want to move just yet. Actually I don't know if I can, I instead I slam my hand down on her desk, hard, and hell if I wasn't so furious and tired I'm sure I would feel it stinging. I drag myself to my chair and fall heavily into it.

She turns around plastering that holier than a bloody angel look on her face, "Yeah God wouldn't like a lot of things you have been up to lately would he Seth?"

Dread unfurls in my stomach...what is she going to do? I feel my book under my hand and before I realise what I'm doing I peg it at her as hard as I can, she ducks and it falls to the ground.

"Avalon, My name is Peter. It's normally customary for a few students to talk about their past week and tell us all how God has influenced their lives. I would like today for you to be one of those students please." Peter is addressing Avalon, but all I can think of is how she constantly bests me. I have to do something better. I mean she's covered in stinking toilet cleaner that stains...and she doesn't care.

"No problem I would love to." She says happily. And there's the words that coming out of her mouth scare the shit out of me...what is she glad to do? Oh crap no...I am treating very easily by the teachers in this school, I can basically get away with anything, a couple of the younger female teachers are like putty in my hands. Peter however is on the border line; he can come down on my really tough at times.

            'No! You can't let her. I'll do it." I find myself standing.

            "Excuse me Seth, I believe Peter asked me and I'm really more than happy to." The sweetness of her voice drains the blood away from my face.

            "You can go next week Seth, but thank you for your enthusiasm." Peter says, unknowingly about to give the floor to someone that could ruin me.

Sam comes in late, stumbling over a chair when he sees Avalon and the blue guy.

            "Since when do we let freaks in the class? What happened? The toilet bowl explode why you guys were drinking out of it?" He sneers.

            "Actually we were doing you Mum a favor, she needed someone to practise her make up skills on, she's not been attracting too many clientele of late. Corner traffic and all these days. Hope she does better tonight otherwise times are going to get tough for you guys." Avalon smiles innocently, I shake my head... she just insinuated that Sam's Mother was a prostitute and Sam still hasn't got it.