Lonely

Dick was at a big party for heroes thrown by the JLA. Every hero was there. He sat at a table drinking wine and watching everyone have a good time. He watched Tim and Stephanie slow dancing. They looked adorable but Stephanie was very drunk. Cassandra was dancing with Bruce, having their father daughter dance and Jason was passed out at the bar.

He looked over to his best friend, Wally West who was dancing with his daughter and they were laughing and beside them was Wally's wife, Linda playing with Wally's other son, Jai. Roy was tickling his daughter, Lian and Donna was eating with her husband and son. Everyone had a family.. But Dick... Dick didn't have someone to spend the rest of his life with or a child to brighten up his future.

Dick sighed as he walked past everyone to go outside for air. His parents were gone. His adoptive father had more children to worry about. Every friend he grew up with had someone to love or a child to brighten up their lives. He didn't. He's had a lot of girlfriends but never someone to love. When he got outside he leaned against the balcony and took a deep breath. Damian appeared beside him with a scowl on his face and Dick smiled.
"These kind of parties aren't your thing, are they, Dami?"
"No"
Damian held out a folded piece of paper and Dick raised an eyebrow at him.
"Take it. Is there any brain cells in that head of yours?!"
Dick took it and looked at the front. Father's Day. That was today. He remembered giving Bruce a gift. Why was Damian giving him a card?

It was hand made with drawings. He opened the card and inside it said;
To Grayson,
I don't hate you..
Damian
Dick gave his brother a confused glance.
"I know you are not my father.. But you were there when he wasn't. You're there for me.. Like a father.. And as much as I hate to admit it, Grayson. You're a very important.. Role model in my life"
Damian walked off and Dick's heart swelled. He had someone. All along he didn't know he had a son. His little brother. He couldn't have asked for more.