Fernando Torres [~] Anniversary

Fernando Torres

For StellaHarding:

Maleen groaned as she felt the bed shake as her children jumped up and down on it. Her eyes still closed, Maleen reached over and shook her husband. "Your kids are up," she yawned. "Entertain them."

"I think you got this one, sweetie," Fernando replied, rolling over so that he was facing Maleen. The sound of the baby monitor made both parents groan. "I'll get these two, you get Elsa," he stated.

"Sounds good," Maleen confirmed. Groaning, both parents rolled out of bed. Fernando grabbed Leo and Nora off the bed and started to walk downstairs while Maleen headed for the nursery. Rubbing the sleep out of her eyes, Maleen smiled at the one-year-old standing up in the crib. "Good morning, Princesa," Maleen smiled, placing a kiss on her daughter's head before picking her up.

Maleen walked downstairs to see Fernando putting Leo and Nora into their seats. Maleen handed him Elsa before walking into the kitchen to start breakfast. "Why do we have to pack a bag today, Papa?" Leo asked his father.

"Because you're going to your grandparents for two nights so Mama and I can celebrate our anniversary," Fernando replied, pulling a bib out of the drawer for Elsa to use.

"Anniversary? What's that?" Nora questioned.

"We're celebrating the day your Papa and I got married. It was before you were born," Maleen told the kids, placing breakfast on the table. After she fed Elsa her breakfast, Maleen wiped their faces clean. "Go pack your bags, your grandparents should be here soon," Maleen stated, letting Nora and Leo loose to go pack.

"I packed Elsa's bag yesterday," Fernando said, placing a kiss on the small girl's head, causing her to giggle.

"Perfect. So what are we doing for our anniversary tomorrow?" Maleen asked, wrapping an arm around her husband's waist.

"You'll just have to see, mi amor," Fernando replied leaning down to plant a soft kiss on her lips. Maleen kissed him back quickly before the doorbell rang. "That's probably my parents." Maleen plucked Elsa out of her high chair as Fernando went to open the door. Holding the baby close to her, Maleen grabbed the bag Fernando had packed yesterday and handed it to her husband to load into the car.

Nora and Leo came rushing down the stairs, backpacks on their back. Leo loaded the car as Maleen placed the kids into their car seats. Stepping back, Maleen and Fernando thanked Fernando's parents again for watching them before they drove away. "Well, our anniversary isn't until tomorrow, so you want to have a lazy day?" Fernando asked.

"No need to ask," Maleen chuckled as the two walked back into their home. Settling on the couch together, the couple turned on the TV and just watched anything besides kids shows. Maleen started to drift off, so Fernando shut off the TV and held her closely as they both took a well-deserved nap. Their anniversary finally arrived and Maleen couldn't be more excited.

Dressing quickly, Maleen shook her husband awake. "Happy Anniversary!" she smiled, leaning down to place a lingering kiss on Fernando's lips. Laughing as he held her in place, Maleen finally broke away for air. "So what are we doing?" Fernando rolled his eyes at her pushiness and rolled out of bed.

"You'll see in a little bit," Fernando replied, changing into his day clothes. Pulling a piece of paper from his side of the closet, Fernando handed the paper to Maleen, who stared at it in wonder.

"A clue?" Maleen asked, looking up at her husband slightly confused. "A clue to what?"

"You'll have to find out," he replied, kissing her on the head. Maleen stared at the clue.

"The start of our anniversary fun is where we met and it all began," Maleen read aloud from the clue. "Nacho's! The restaurant I worked at in high school," Maleen stated.

"I'll meet you at the finish line with your present," Fernando winked before heading out himself. Maleen walked out of the house, got into her car, and drove to Nacho's. Walking up to the old restaurant, Maleen plucked the sticky note that was sitting there from the door and read it. "Now go to the scene of our first kiss."

Maleen ran back to the car and started towards the park. She had been watching Fernando practice for a while that day and the two of them had gotten ice cream after he was finished practicing. Their first happened under one of the trees in the park. Nando had been shaking due to nervousness and Maleen had been flustered beyond belief. Maleen chuckled at the memory. Running to the tree where they had shared their first kiss, Maleen saw another sticky note. "You're almost there. Now go to where we had our first date."

Maleen hurried off to the restaurant the two had their first date at. It wasn't a restaurant anymore, but the building was still standing. Maleen ran up to the building and plucked off the sticky note waiting just for her. "Last clue: Where would we go to meet when we never wanted anyone to disturb us?" Maleen read aloud. Pondering the question for a few seconds, Maleen smiled and ran back to her car. Driving through Madrid, Maleen made it to the outskirts of the city and headed towards the park.

Nando and she had dubbed it their 'secret hang out spot' with only the trees as their witnesses. Pulling into the park's parking lot, Maleen got out and walked a little into the forest, sticking to the trail until a fork arrived. Taking the unmarked and less treated trail, Maleen made it easily to where Fernando was waiting with a picnic set out. "You made it," he smiled, walking over to greet his wife. Maleen smiled and kissed Nando in greeting.

"You really put a lot of time into this, Nando. I really appreciate it," Maleen smiled, hugging her husband tightly. He hugged her back just as tightly.

"Let's eat," Nando smiled, gesturing to the food. Maleen agreed and the two sat down. Pulling the food out of the picnic backet, Fernando smiled at his wife's reaction.

"Did you find the exact meal we ate on our first date?" Maleen gasped, her heart melting in her chest. "Oh, Nando," Maleen cooed.

The Spaniard smiled at his wife before they ate the food he had ordered for the occasion. Laying on the blanket together, Maleen remember her present to Nando she had left in the car. Running to the car, she quickly returned with the bag filled with Fernando's anniversary gift. "Open it," Maleen urged. Nando smiled, pulled her into his lap, and then started to empty the bag.

Pulling out four individually wrapped boxes, Nando raised an eyebrow, especially once he realized that they were numbered. Shooting his wife a curious look, Maleen simply urged him to open the boxes. Opening the first box, Fernando was even more confused to pull out bottle of Gatorade in a baby bottle instead of the usual plastic containers. Shaking his head, he opened the second box to pull out a small pair of the cleats he currently wore in his games. Opening the third box, Fernando stared at the mini Atletico Madrid jersey with #9 and Papa engraved onto it. Looking at his wife in wonder, Fernando quickly opened the fourth and final box to find three positive pregnancy tests.

"Surprise! I'm pregnant!" Maleen smiled before Fernando attacked her with kisses. Maleen chuckled as he pulled her into a long kiss. Leaning down, he rubbed her still flat stomach and placed a kiss on it. "In seven months, we'll have four little ones," Maleen smiled as Fernando pulled her into a hug. The two stayed in the embrace until it grew dark and they had to return home. Walking up to their room, Maleen changed into her pajamas before curling into Fernando's bare chest.

"Good night, Fernando. Happy Anniversary," Maleen yawned.

"Good night, Maleen and Baby Torress #4. Happy Anniversary, mi amor," Fernando replied, wrapping his arms protectively around his wife as they fell asleep peacefully.