Antoine Griezmann [~] Lago del Amor

For Elaina: Antoine Griezmann

You stared at your reflection in the mirror as your best friend sat on your bed. "Do I look okay?" you asked, turning so that you could see all sides of yourself in the mirror, making sure the nothing was out of place.

"You look fine for the thousandth time."

"Are you sure I don't look slutty or anything, it does have a bit of a low back?" you sighed, looking at your back in the mirror.

"It's fine, you're not showing your bra so you're fine," your friend insisted, standing up from her position on the bed. "Now go on, you're going to be late," she urged, almost pushing you out of the door.

"Pushy much?" you teased, grabbing a light sweater and your clutch. Waving good bye and thanking your friend for the fashion advice she gave you, you headed out of your apartment. Closing the door behind you, you walked to the elevator, pushing the button for the lobby. As the elevator descended, you wondered what Antoine had planned for your date that night.

It was you and Antoine's five year anniversary, the two of you having started dating before he got his big break. It was something Antoine was grateful for, that you had been with him so long. He was sure that plenty of women would just stop a relationship with him after they found out that he couldn't be home all the time and that football was his first love.

You, however, had managed to worm your way into a teenage Antoine heart and the two of you had been together ever since. The elevator dinged and the doors opened. You stopped leaning on the wall of the elevator and walked out of it, heading towards the front doors. Opening one of them, you looked around for Antoine's car.

You were about to pull out your phone and call him when you saw his car in the corner of the parking lot. Lengthening your steps, which was quite hard in heels when you had minimal practice wearing them, you reached Antoine's car relatively quickly. Opening the door, you slid into the passenger's seat. "You looked a little lost over there," Antoine chuckled.

"Oh please, it's not my fault you chose to drive a black car in the middle of the night," you teased, buckling your seatbelt. Antoine started the car and carefully backed out of the parking lot, driving towards the date location. "So where are we going? You never did tell me," you replied.

"It's a surprise location. I already told you about five times," Antoine chuckled.

"Well, excuse me, Mr. James Bond over there. I didn't know that our date location was a national security operation," you joked. Antoine pulled off the highway and down a familiar looking road. "This looks familiar, I can't tell where we are, but it is familiar," you stated, looking at the buildings lining the streets. Antoine continued down the street, pulling into a parking lot.

"We're here," he stated, hopping out of the car.

"Where is here, exactly?" you questioned, as Antoine opened up the door for you. You thanked him and grabbed his hand.

"Oh, you'll see," Antoine winked, grabbing a bag out of the back seat. He grabbed your hand, after having let it go, and led you down a pathway. As you passed through the trees, you remembered bits and pieces of this place. "You remember where we are yet?"

"Not quite, but snip its are popping out here and there," you replied, looking around at the location again. Antoine stopped, causing you to stop as well.

"Watch your step," Antoine cautioned, stepping up onto the dock. "Remember yet?"

"Lago del Amor," you smiled, looking around at the now familiar area. "Lake of Love," you translated from Spanish.

"Indeed it is," Antoine said, placing the bag he had been carrying with him down into what looked like a rowboat. Antoine then proceeded to hop down into the row boat, extending his arms. "You can jump or slide, whichever you prefer." As you were in a skirt, you chose a mix of both. After you were safely on the boat, Antoine untied the boat from the dock and started rowing towards the center of the lake.

"You've really outdone yourself, Antoine," you chuckled, looking around the lake.

"I'm not even finished yet," Antoine laughed, having stopped rowing when the two of you reached the approximate center of the lake. Pulling open the bag, you were stunned to see food. Antoine pulled out a container and handed you it with a plastic fork, knife, and spoon. "For you."

"Why thank you," you winked, laughing after Antoine winked back. The two of you ate, just talking when you noticed lights around you. They weren't the lamp posts on the path surrounding the lake, because lamp posts don't float towards you on a lake. Looking around, you gasped. A bunch of candles on mini plastic boats surrounded the two of you, setting a very romantic climate.

"You have really outdone yourself. I am quite impressed," you smiled, placing the trash you had from the meal in the bag Antoine had brought.

"I'm not even finished yet," Antoine repeated. Pulling something out of him back pocket, you looked curiously at the foreign object in Antoine's hand. Before you could ask what it was, Antoine had kneeled down, at least as much as you could in a row boat, and was staring up at you. Thousands of scenarios rushed through your head, stopping on one in particular. A proposal. "(Y/N), we've been together now for five years and they've been the best five years of my life. You've stuck with me through thick and thin, and you've moved across Europe for me. You're the first thing on my mind when I wake up and the last thought I have before I fall asleep at night. I love you to the moon and back and I just have one question for you: will you marry me?"

"Of course I will," you smiled, leaning down and hugging Antoine tightly. Pulling out of the hug, Antoine slipped the ring onto your finger before pulling you into a romantic kiss. It was a perfect ending to a perfect date.