Robert Lewandowski [~] Grown Up

For Daisey_the_duck:

                When you had first found out you were pregnant, Robert had been ecstatic. He would always babble on and on about what your children would do when they grew up.  Although you knew he secretly wanted a boy, your first child was a girl. The first time Robert held her, however, all wishes of a boy had faded from his mind. The only thing he cared about in that moment was his little princess.

                As your daughter grew up, Robert was always behind the scenes, making sure she made the right decisions and protecting her. You thought you were going to be the helicopter parent but Robert was the definition of one. And don't even get him started on your daughter and boys. Robert freaked whenever a boy was within breathing distance of your daughter.

                You weren't nearly as worried. You knew your daughter could hold her own. She was strong willed and smart, so you had no doubts that your daughter would be just fine with boys. As she was the star striker on her school team, she attracted a lot of attention, male attention. Although she was focused on her studies and football, you knew that just like any other teenage girl, she had crushes.

                You knew it was a matter of time before the topic would be brought up. Robert had returned home from work. He worked as an assistant coach now that he had retired. The kids were home from school and you started dinner. Huddled around the dinner table, your daughter picked at her food. "Is something bugging you?" you asked your daughter.

                "No. Well, yes but . . . I have something to tell you guys, well more ask you but . . ." your daughter said nervously. You and Robert exchanged concerned looks.

                "What's wrong, you can tell us anything, remember that?" Robert replied.

                "Ok, well, today at practice, Lukas asked me out to a date and I said yes," you daughter stated, smiling nervously at you and your husband. You said nothing but Robert dropping his fork onto the plate said it all.

                "You what?" he gasped.

                "I'm going on a date. This Saturday," your daughter replied.

                "You're too young to go on a date," Robert insisted.

                "I'm sixteen!" your daughter interjected.

                "I don't care how old you are. You live under my roof and you will therefore abide by my rules," Robert stated.

                "But Dad—"

                "—No buts. You're not going on a date," Robert stated firmly.

                "Robert," you warned, "let her go have some fun."