Bastian Schweinsteiger (Part 2) [~] Long Time Coming

For dearlove123: Bastian Schweinsteiger

Cara and Bastian, after their walk through the streets of Stuttgart, had swapped numbers. They called, texted, etc. each other constantly, unbeknownst to Cara's brother, Cristiano. After a date in Spain, when Bastian was in Spain for an international friendly, Bastian had popped the question and Cara and Bastian were an official item.

Unfortunately, almost immediately after the two started going out, Bastian had to return to Germany for Bayern, leaving Cara to face her brother by herself. Bastian promised to return shortly after the match and back to her side so that they could tell Cristiano together. Of course, nothing ever really goes to plan and Bastian's flight was delayed, meaning he would show up late to the dinner Cara had organized to tell her family about her new relationship.

Sighing after Bastian told her the news, Cara rushed to get ready and to prepare her dining room for the guests. Junior wouldn't be joining the family gathering, luckily, just in case Cristiano or someone else flipped their tops. Just as she sat the food on the table, the doorbell rang. Straightening out her dress once more, Cara walked over to the front door, opening it widely.

She greeted and hugged all of her immediate family members, allowing them into her home. "Thank you for having us, Cara," Elma smiled, sitting in her seat.

 "So what's the occasion?" Cara's mother asked, sitting down in her own seat.

 "Oh, we'll get to that later. Right now, let's eat," Cara avoided the topic, wanting Bastian to be here when she finally revealed her new relationship with Bastian. She just thanked her lucky stars that she didn't fall for a Barcelona player, lest her brother really flip his top. The Aveiro family sat around the table, eating and sharing stories about their separate lives as Cara stalled, hoping that Bastian would get to her house soon.

She checked her phone once more, hopping Bastian would text her that he had landed and was on his way. Sighing, she tucked away her phone when there was no update. "Why do you keep looking at your phone?" Cristiano questioned, leaning over Cara's shoulder.

 "Just . . . I guess I'll just tell you all now, then," Cara sighed, running a hand through her hair.

"Tell us what?"

"So, recently, I've met someone and he asked me out. I said yes," Cara stated, looking around at the table to watch her family's reactions. Her sisters and her mother were supportive and excited, as she had expected them to be originally. Her two brothers, on the other hand, shared a disapproving glance.

 "So what's this mysterious man's name?" Lilianna smirked, wiggling her eyebrows at her younger sister. Checking her phone once more (there was no update on Bastian's arrival in Spain) before sighing once more.

 "Bastian Schweinsteiger," Cara stated. A crash sounded and Cara turned to see that Cristiano had dropped his fork. Turning to look at his little sister, Cristiano raised an eyebrow.

"Bastian Schweinsteiger," he repeated. "Like the German footballer?" Cara nodded.

"We met on the streets of Stuttgart. He helped me find my way around," Cara eased into the conversation, nervous about his further reaction.

"How old is he?" Hugo added, the two brothers seeming to be on the same page.

"Thirty," Cara muttered.

"What was that?"

 "Thirty," Cara stated clearly.

"You're too young for him. That's a nine year age gap," Cristiano replied instantaneously.

"So? It'll be nothing in a few years," Cara shrugged.

 "Well who says it's going to last a few years."

"I hope it does," Cara mumbled.

"Nope. You're not allowed to date him," Cristiano stated, looking at his little sister.

"I'm not twelve anymore! You can't tell me what to do!"

"I'm still older than you, we all are. He's as old as I am for God's sakes," Cristiano exclaimed.

"So? I still fail to see the problem here," Cara responded, glancing around at her family, to see if anyone supported her choice.

"Oh, let her have a little fun, Cris," Lilianna spoke up. "There are plenty of women nine years older than you that would love to have a relationship with you," she joked.

"I still don't like it," Cristiano sighed. Hugo nodded in agreement.

"Where is he anyways? Shouldn't he be here?"

"His flight got delayed," Cara murmured, checking her phone once more. She sighed in relief when she read that he was on his way. "He should be here soon." A few tense minutes passed before Bastian knocked on the door. Cara excused herself and ran to open the door. Throwing the door open, she hugged Bastian. "Thank God you're here."

"What's wrong?" Bastian asked, closing the door behind him.

 "The reveal could have gone smoother," Cara winced, before dragging Bastian into the dining room. Everyone's eyes trained on the couple as they entered the family setting. "Everyone this is Bastian. Bastian, this is my family. That's my mother, my two sisters Elma and Lilianna, and my brothers Hugo and Cristiano," Cara introduced before leading Bastian over to a seat.

 "It's nice to meet all of you," Bastian smiled, hoping that if he just smiled and nodded that the tense air would dissipate. It didn't.

"So when did the two of you start going out?" Cristiano said coldly, resulting in a kick to the shin thanks to his mother.

"About a week ago," Bastian answered, gulping when Cristiano's glare landed on him. Cristiano continued to be cold to Bastian as the dinner progressed to closing, and Cara's brother Hugo was taking Cristiano's side on this, which infuriated Cara and made Bastian even more uncomfortable. Cara started to clean up, and Bastian helped her until Cristiano asked politely if he, Hugo, and Bastian could talk to each other in private about 'male business.'

 Cara sighed and dismissed the three to the study. Away from Cara's eyes, the Aveiro brothers rounded on Bastian, who gulped once more, although he tried to hide his nervousness. "So . . . you and Cara . . . are . . . dating?"

 "Yes," Bastian replied cautiously.

"Well, forgive us for being blunt but we don't necessarily like that very much," Cristiano crossed his arms over his chest.

 "I understand. I know that our . . . age difference . . . seems a bit big right now . . ." Bastian trailed off. "Which is why I would like to ask the two of you, especially you Cristiano, if I can date your little sister." The two Aveiro boys shared a look, whispering things to each other that Bastian couldn't pick up on before turning back to Bastian.

"You can date her, Bastian," Hugo stated.

"Thank you—"

"—However," Cristiano cut off Bastian. "If you so much as make her tear up, and she lets us know, you might never want to visit the Iberian Peninsula again," Cristiano stated. "But . . . welcome to the family . . . I guess. Don't screw this up, Schweinsteiger."

"Trust me, I won't," Bastian promised, shaking the brothers' hands. And he didn't.

A.N. I have one more request to write (Sergio Aguero). Feel free to request or if I missed your request, let me know. I probably won't post tomorrow, but otherwise I'll try to post regularly.