Borja Mayoral [~] Real Madrid Castilla

For heather openshaw: Borja Mayoral

You were so excited. Your boyfriend, high school sweetheart, childhood best friend, etc. was finally making his huge debut for Real Madrid, one of the best and largest clubs in the world. Well, not the actual Cristiano Ronaldo, Gareth Bale one. Borja was making his debut for Real Madrid Castilla, the sort of B team if you will. But, it was still a huge achievement.

From the time the both of you were no taller than your parent's knees, Borja had been obsessed with football. Growing up in Spain, every boy was out on the street playing football every spare second of daylight. You weren't coordinated enough to really play well. Borja was the complete opposite of you, however. He was more than coordinated, he was in his natural habitat.

He played with the bigger kids and grew aggressive on the field, always getting open for a pass and not afraid to foul an opponent legally (most of the time anyways) to get the ball back for his team. When he started playing on an actual team, he immediately fit perfectly into the striker role. You knew that playing for Real Madrid was a big dream of his and working his way up the ranks had been a struggle with great rewards.

Taking your seat in the stands, you waved to Borja's parents who were a few seats down from you. You watched the players warm up on the field, Borja amongst them. He wasn't starting, but he would go in early on in the second half he had told you, as long as everything went according to plan for Real Madrid Castille.

Everything didn't necessarily go to plan by the start of the second half for Real Madrid Castille. They were currently tied 2-2 with their opponents but you saw Borja warming up on the side of the field. He jogged over Zinedine Zidane, fully warmed up and ready to go. The legendary Frenchman was giving your boyfriend instructions before walking him over to the fourth official on the side of the field.

The official typed in something before waiting for the center ref to give him the signal. You cheered as Borja took the field. He got into position and immediately got open for a throw in. His teammate threw it past him and Borja took off down the side of the field. Sidestepping a defender, he passed it to a teammate. His teammate immediately passed it back as Borja ran past another defender and into the box.

Doing a little flick with the ball, Borja sprinted around the defender and chipped the ball over the head of the keeper. You stood up and screamed with joy as Borja ran to the corner of the pitch, pounding his chest where the crest of Real Madrid was sown. His teammates piled on top of him as he celebrated. "And that has to be one of the fastest goals from a substitute we've ever seen! Goal for Borja Mayoral in the sixty-third minute!" the announcer stated, enticing more cheers from you and the rest of the Real Madrid Castille fans.

After the dog pile had dispersed and player's resumed their positions, the opponents kicked off. The ball was passed about for twenty minutes when suddenly, an opponent booted the ball from outside the goal box towards the Real Madrid Castille defense. You watched in horror as the ball landed on the head of an opponent and past the hands of the keeper.

You sat looking at the time left. By the time the opponents had finished their celebrations and everyone had been set up once more, there was only five minutes left, plus extra time. You could see the Real Madrid Castille bench getting annoyed and frazzled with the score as time ticked away. A relatively hard tackle from the opponents, got the whole coaching staff up in arms. You watched nervously. It wouldn't be good luck for Borja to start off his career at Real Madrid Castille with a loss, and you prayed for a miracle.

Three minutes of extra time were added and you bit your nails anxiously. Out of seemingly nothing, Real Madrid made their way up the field, passing back and forth quickly. Borja waved his hand aggressively in the right corner, open for a pass. The pass came and everyone moved to the edge of their seats. Dribbling out a little farther, Borja planted his foot and swung his hips. His left foot connected with the ball and sent it flying. Everything seemed to move in slow motion as the ball hit the crossbar before rocketing down and completely over the goal line. Shock wore on for a bit before you stood up and screamed with joy. Borja's teammates encircled Borja, all wearing wide smiles. Borja got out of the group hug and dedicated his goal to you, in his little special way that only the two of you knew about.

The players reset as the opponents quickly tried to counter once more. Two more minutes passed before the referee blew the final whistle. Real Madrid Castille supporters jumped up and downs, making the whole stadium feel like it was shaking. But, you didn't care. Your boyfriend had scored two out of the four goals for his side. One was the match winner, and the other was one of the fastest substitute goals yet. As fans started to pile out, you met up with Borja's family. Together, you made your way down to the team room.

Borja came out about twenty minutes later. "Sorry I took so long, I had to do interviews," he explained, hugging his parents quickly. He turned his attention to you before enveloping you in a tight hug, causing you to laugh.

"Those were two amazing goals, Borja," you complimented, hugging him back tightly.

"Had to look good for my girlfriend, right?" he questioned, wrapping an arm around your shoulder, pulling you closer to him. Leaning over, he placed a kiss on your head.

"We're going to go home. You two can go out to dinner or something, just be back by ten, Borja," his mother stated before she and his father walked out.

"So, where to, Miss?"

"Hmm . . . what about ice cream?"

"Ice cream for dinner?"

"You say that like we haven't done that a thousand times before," you replied, a knowing smile crossing your face.

"Good point. Ice cream it is!" You chuckled as Borja pointed forwards before marching towards thS exit, dragging you along with him.

A.N. To all readers (especially those that requested), yes, I will do all the requests you ask for. However, August 20th is when requests close. I'm sorry for the long wait, and if you've requested please be patient, I'll get them up as soon as I can. I have four more requests currently and I'll try to get them all done within the next three days for those that requested them. Sorry and please be patient once more.