Marco Reus [~] Baby Love

You were an OB GYN at the main hospital in Dortmund, Germany. You delivered babies for a living. It was very rewarding for you and you hoped to have kids of your own in the future. It was a normal day at work. There was a new patient, who was put into the hall reserved for the rich and famous who didn't want to be bothered by other people milling around.

                You walked down the long hallway to the end where a blonde woman was yelling at a blonde man. The two looked strangely alike. "Hi, I don't mean to disturb you. I'm Dr. (Y/L/N) and I'll be taking care of you," you stated.

                "I'm Faiga, and this is my brother, Marco," the woman replied. You nodded and shook their hands.

                "Now I'll just be taking your vitals and notes," you stated, checking her pulse. You wrote notes on your clipboard. "How far apart are your contractions?" you asked.

                "Ten minutes, about," she stated.

                "Well, then you have a long way to go before it's time. I'll be back with some paper work," you smiled. Returning a few minutes later, you once again for Faiga yelling at Marco.

                "Why are you just contacting him now?" she yelled.

                "I thought you did it!" Marco responded. Feeling awkward, you set the clipboard on the bedside table, pulling the siblings out of their quarrel.

                "I don't mean to interject but is there anything I can help you with to lower your heart rate?" you asked.

                "Oh, no not really. My brother was just being an idiot and didn't contact my husband yet," Faiga replied.

                "I have forms that you will need to file after the baby is born. I suggest doing it before you are hyped up on pain relievers," you stated, handing the clipboard to Faiga.

                "Thank you," she replied.

                "Is it a boy or girl?"

                "Boy," Faiga replied, rubbing her stomach. She groaned. "He enjoys kicking, like his father." At the statement of kicking, you immediately recognized Faiga's brother to be Marco Reus, who played on Borussia Dortmund. Realizing how attractive he was, you excused yourself before walking out of the room. As she was the only patient that was put under your care, you went back and forth from your office and her room.

                Three hours later, a frantic man showed up at the maternity wing. "My wife is in labor," he stated. You recognized him immediately as Mats Hummels, also on Borussia Dortmund.

                "Is your wife Faiga?" you replied, looking up from your clipboard. He looked over at you before nodding fiercely. "I'm her doctor, let me take you to her." You led the frantic footballer through the hallway, turning into Faiga's room. Mats immediately walked around you and to his wife's side. The two exchanged talk as you exited the room.

                In the meantime, you readied the pain relievers for Faiga. Typing the data into her file, your work was disrupted by a certain German exiting Faiga's room. "Dr. (Y/L/N)?" Marco asked.

                You looked over at him. "How can I help you?" you asked.

                "Faiga's getting a little antsy, would you happen to hook her up on the pain killers before she chews Mats and I out," he stated.

                "I can only give dosage of pain relievers after she has reached a certain dilation point. But, let me check on her," you said, getting up out of your chair. Taking her measurements, you pulled Marco out of the room, telling Faiga you would return with her pain medication. "You are going to have to tell her that she is not dilated enough for pain relievers."

                "Isn't that your job? You're the doctor!" he hissed.

                "It would sound better coming from you," you smiled before walking off. You returned five minutes later with pain relievers to find a disheveled Marco outside the room.

                "She didn't take it too well," he muttered as you two locked eyes. You checked Faiga again and hooked her up to pain relievers, seeing as she reached the required dilation.

                "You can come in Marco," you told the footballer. Returning to the room, you wrote down more of her vital signs. As Faiga's labor progressed, so did Marco's tensing. You noticed it as he was almost twitching in the corner. "Are you okay or do I have to hook you up to drugs too?" you joked.

                Marco looked up at you before placing his head in his hands. "I did not sign up for this."

                "For what?"

                "For dealing with my cranky older sister as she slowly gives birth to my nephew. I should have just sent a card," he muttered. You stifled a laugh and handed Marco a glass of water.

                "If I were you, I would take a nap now. Once she's fully dilated, there's no rest until the baby is out," you stated before walking out of the room again. You periodically checked on Faiga and Marco lumped into that. You were growing fond of the footballer. As you checked Faiga once again, you nodded to yourself. "It's time."

                All three individuals immediately shot up. "Now?" Mats asked. You nodded as Faiga began to whimper. Calling for your nurses, you prepared Faiga for the birth of her child.

                "When I say push, you are going to push with all your strength for ten seconds. We'll continue that until the baby's out," you told the soon-to-be mother. She nodded painfully, taking her brother's and husband's hands. "Push."

                After a painful period of time, you lifted up the newborn baby, placing the child on his mother's chest. The three family member cooed over the newborn as you cleaned up. One of the nurses went to clean the baby as you congratulated the new family. "This is where I leave you. Good luck with your child," you smiled.

                Walking out of the room, you shrugged off the coat and gloves you had worn, throwing them in the trash. Before you could fully leave the wing, you were stopped by a certain blonde haired boy. "Dr. (Y/L/N)!" Marco called.

                You turned around to look at the new uncle. "Yes?"

                "I just wanted to thank you for taking care of my sister . . . and me," he stated.

                "It was my pleasure," you smiled.

                "Hopefully I'll see you again," he replied, shaking your hand. You two saw each other later, quite a lot actually. In fact, you two met once again four years later in the same hospital, same room, and same day. Except this time it was the birth of your shared child the two of you bonded over.