Chapter 1

Lucy's POV

Flashback

I was sitting in my room on my window seat looking outside, I saw the usual cloud of black smoke coming out of the black woods, if I'm being honest it truly fascinated me I wanted to see the outside world. I only ever go into our huge garden with mummy. I ran into my mummy and daddy's room seeing my mother still laying in her bed, she has been sick for weeks but I have been trying my best to cheer her up to make her feel better and recover faster.
"Mummy are you ok" I said snuggling into my mothers chest, she rapped both her arms around me pulling me into a hug.
"Yes I'm fine baby girl, what's up?" my mother asked.
"Nothing I'm just curious, why can't I go into the black woods"
"An evil lurks in there and will hurt anyone even a child" my mother told me, whist I just nodded.
She spoke up again saying "Lucy you know the spirits, the ones you play" I nodded my head "Well I need you to know... if anything ever happens to me I want you to take my keys and find a guild called Fairy Tail" I just nodded once again slowly falling asleep.
"Love you mummy" I said sleepily.
"Love you to Lucy" my mother spoke back.
End of Flashback
I woke up in my queen sized pink bed with tears in my eyes, that dream or memory always haunts me because it was the last time I spoke with my mother, before she died.
Todays my fourth birthday. I was walking towards my fathers office with a rice ball in my hands. It has been three months since mother mum died and dad has been ignoring me ever since, but today's my birthday he must remember right.
I walked into my fathers office walking closer to his desk, I held the rice ball with two hands and said "Look daddy I made a rice ball with your face on it, I made it specially for you daddy, its not good to work on an empty stomach"
"I'm busy right now" was my fathers only reply
"Ok I'll just leave it here incase you get hungry" I said placing the rice ball on his desk in front of him. "Todays special you know its my -" I didn't get to finish my sentence because my dad flung the rice ball across the room.
"LUCY DON'T YOU EVER LISTEN, I TOLD YOU I'M BUSY "my father said with a loud irritated voice.
"I'm sorry" came my quieter voice. I started to back away towards the office door, I stopped and turned around, I said "Uhm daddy".
"STOP BEING SUCH A PEST, I DON'T WANT TO EAT YOUR SILLY RICE BALL, IF I GET HUNGRY I'LL CALL A CHEF, NOW GO STUDY YOUR BUSINESS LESSONS AND STOP HASSLING ME" my father used a loud demanding tone when he spoke to me making me feel scared so I ran out of the room, hearing him shout again "YOU HEAR ME NO MORE INTERUPTIONS". I rubbed my eyes and said to no one in particular "but daddy its my birthday".
I cried harder and ran through the mansion straight to my room. Once I reached my room I opened my desk draw and pulled out all 11 of my mothers zodiac keys (A/N she doesn't have Loki or Aries but she will get them in the future. Also Yukino had Angel magic) with a few silver keys as well. I grabbed a small pink rucksack and placed a few clothes inside along with a photo of my mother and the keys. I walked out of my room and crept towards the mansion doors, I knew everyone was busy but I kept watch hoping no one would find me. When I saw no one around I ran opening and closing the large wooden doors carefully.
I ran towards my mothers grave and knelt down saying "Goodbye mummy I will make your wish come true, I will join Fairy Tail but I will learn magic first" I stood up but before I ran into the black woods I grabbed my best friend and little sister Michelle. With both hands I placed her in my bag and made a run for it before I could get caught by my father.
"Here I come black woods, I will learn magic no matter what" I said before taking the last steps towards the forbidden black woods.
Time skip

I have been running through the black woods for hours not knowing where I was going, I could be walking in circles everything looks the same. I sat down and rested my back against a huge tree, I took my bag of my back and grabbed Michelle "You will always be my little sister and I will love you forever, I'm sorry for leaving you outside in the cold, I was heartbroken after mummy died, I hope you can forgive me" I pulled her into a hug before drifting off to sleep remembering all the fun things me mummy and Michelle did like making paper clothes for each other.
Time skip

I was in a peaceful sleep dreaming about what fairy tail might look like, I wonder if fairy's have tails. It was a good dream until "ROARRR" a loud roar echoed through the forest, I woke up startled from my ream land. I immediately put Michelle back into my bag carefully.
Me being curious I walked towards the roar hoping it was something that could teach me magic, and what I saw shocked me...