Chapter 19

“Thanks mom!” I said as I got out of the car and walked quickly to the front steps. I noticed Wes and Liza right away. They always sit on the front steps and wait for my siblings and I to arrive.

“Whoa slow down there speedster,” Wes said noticing me rushing and laughing.

I couldn’t help but walk fast I wanted to see Dom before class so I could explain to him what happened since he was not answering my calls or texts, he even blocked me from is mind link. “Liz, what exactly happened?” Liza asked me.

I was half way to the door by the time she asked me that. I stopped and turned around to face her, “did Dom say anything to you?”

She looked confused, “no, he just came into the car pissed and wouldn’t talk to anyone and when we got home instead of playing video games with Wes he went to his room,” she was telling me and I felt like a horrible person. “I haven’t even seen him today.”

“Is he here though?” I asked really hoping he was.

“Yea but he wont talk to anyone,” Wes answered.

“Do you know where?” I asked.

“Probably his locker,” Wes answered.

“Look I’m sorry Liza I have to find him I’ll explain everything later I just need to find him right now,” I told her. Without waiting for a reply I walked quickly into the school and faster to his locker.

I was in the hallway where his locker was and stopped, my nerves getting the best of me right now. I saw him at his locker and before I could take another step he turned to look at me then looked back in his locker to grab a book. That face I saw I could never forget that face. Pain, hurt and broken all in that one look. I walked quickly to his locker before he left. “Dominic please talk to me, let me explain,” I begged as I put my hand on his arm.

He looked at me again, “there’s nothing to explain. I get it, I did you wrong at the beginning and you picked Chris. Its fine,” he said pulling his arm away from me and closing his locker.

“Dom, listen its not like that,” I told him, getting in front of him so we could be face to face.

“I do get it, it just sucks I let you play me all weekend. I should have seen that coming though,” he said and started walking away from me.

“DOMINIC!!” I screamed, which made everyone in the hallway look at me but I didn’t care at this moment because Dom was walking away from me and won’t hear me out. What am I going to do? I stood there for a second and before I knew it the bell rang indicating it was time for first period. I am so not in the mood for school today.

I started to walk to first period, which was English with Liza and Wes. I tried to think of ways to make it up to Dom but I have no idea what I would do. Would he even ever forgive me? Well he should because Chris kissed me I didn’t kiss him. Its not my fault.

“Can you tell us now what exactly happened now?” Liza asked. We were in English and we were supposed to be doing group work but clearly the three of us would be doing something else right now.

I looked at her nervous about what her reaction might be, whose side she’s going to take. “Dom saw Chris kiss me when we got home last night,” I said.

Liza’s jaw dropped and for once the girl seemed speechless, “explain everything, I want to know from the beginning to the end. Don’t leave any details out,” she commanded.

I looked at her and just started laughing. No matter what mood I’m in somehow she makes me laugh even when she doesn’t mean to. I looked at Wes, “do you want to hear this too?” I asked him.