Chapter 3

Jase’s eyes went black, clearly showing he was losing to his wolf right now. When that happened nothing good came from it. I knew my dad didn’t have the strength to control him right now with his sorrow and everyone else was human and couldn’t so it was up to me in my eyes. I tried the slow approach first touching is arm lightly “Jase calm your wolf down it’s fine we can figure something out. Just breathe and relax.”

“Don’t touch me and tell me to calm down Liz!” He snapped at me and shoved me away.

Loosing my balance I got annoyed and my dad was about to get up when I used my wolf speed and ran to him slamming him against the wall holding him in place. My wolf hated being pushed and yelled out. Now I was fighting with her my eyes going black I’m sure because Jase face was shocked looking at me. I never usually lost control and was the calm one. “Listen here you little pup stop being an ass. You’re not the only one this is affecting; think about dad it this situation. Who cares if you’re leaving for a little Mel will be here still and you know what it’s not like she’s you’re mate so relax!”  I felt bad after I took in what I said last but it was true we all had true mates out there and he needed to remember that.

“Don’t call me pup you’re only two years older and how do you know Mel isn’t my mate?”

“Because you would have marked her and her sent would be on you stronger then it is now.”

He shoved my hands off him “shut up.” That was the only thing he said while he left the room to go to his room.

“Thanks Liz,” my dad whispered. I felt so sad for him right now. I always knew leaving his family, his pack, his life was hard but my mom wanted to and he would follow his mate anywhere.

“Kids go do your homework I’m going to start dinner,” my mom told us while walking out clearly not sure what to do now.

Everyone left the room and it was only me and my dad now his head in his hands. I walked over to him and hugged him tight. “I’m sorry daddy. I’m fine with moving and Jase will be okay soon enough you know that right. Everyone understands why you’re doing this.”

He finally put his arms around me and pulled out his chair for me to sit on his lap like I use to do as a child all the time. “I know kid I just wish it didn’t have to be like this you know.”

“I know you don’t have to tell me.”

It was silent for a bit as we just sat there arms around each other. “Oh daddy I never asked, when are we moving?”

“This Thursday morning.” I looked at him wide eyed in shock. What this Thursday that’s 2 days away! Noticing my shock my dad smiled a fraction “your faces always made me laugh I never knew why. I knew it’s soon but the last good byes is on Friday.”

“Oh it’s fine I just didn’t really think how soon it could be. Well I better go start my homework now.” I hugged him and kissed his cheek “don’t worry everything will work out. I love you daddy.”

“Thanks kid love you too, you are amazing.”

Smiling I left the room just when my mom was walking in she smiled at me clearly she heard everything. I looked back one last time to see her on his lap making out. Gross old people making out not a sight you want especially if they’re you’re parents.