Chapter 14

“DOM LET CHRIS GO!!” I kept shouting at Dom. Chris was going red in the face and I tried pushing Dom away but it was like trying to push a wall, he did not move. No body wanted to help they were all too scared of him.

Finally someone came and tackled Dom to the floor. Wes. I was scared for Chris’ life I didn’t even see Wes coming. Chris fell to the floor instantly gasping for air. I bent down worried for him. “Chris, oh my god are you okay?” I asked him.

He was taking in air and shaking his head ‘yes.’ I was so relieved Wes came finally but I wish he came sooner. “Yea I’m fine don’t worry about it,” he said as he got up again looking pissed.

I got in front of him knowing what he wanted to do, “Chris don’t he’s not worth it.” He looked from me to Dom, who was being held back by Wes. “Please Chris he isn’t worth it. Let it go for me please.” Chris looked at me again and turned around and picked up his bag and walked off to class. I took a quick glance at Dom before getting my stuff his eyes were pitch black. His wolf is clearly taking over right now. I could hear Wes and Liza whispering for him to calm down and not to go wolf mode with humans around.

“Liz, are you coming?” Chris asked waiting for me.

I was grabbing my bag and books, “Liz, wait can you calm him down?” Wes asked. I was walking to Chris, “Liz, please I know you don’t want to but please,” Liza started begging.

I turned around to look at them, they looked worried but how could I calm him down there is nothing I could do and I didn’t want to after what he just pulled. “Liz come on, lets go!” Chris shouted sounding annoyed.

I looked at Liza, “sorry there’s nothing I could do for him.” I saw Liza and she was clearly worried but I didn’t want anything to do with Dom. I just walked off towards Chris and grabbed his arm ignoring the growls I got from Dom as I did.

Chris and I were sitting in our seats waiting for the teacher to arrive. Seriously Dom needs to get a check up with all his mood swings. Are all werewolves like this? I know no one in my family is, what is his issue?

“I don’t get it Dom and I were always fine with each other we never had a real issue, for him to come and attack me makes no sense,” Chris said.

Great what do I say to him about it; there really isn’t a good enough excuse to tell him. “I don’t know, I don’t really know him well,” was my lame response. I had nothing else to say and I really just wanted to forget about this whole situation. I mean it was partly my fault. Come Liz it wasn’t, Dom over reacted for no reason he made it clear he doesn’t want you. I thought to myself. 

“Wasn’t he at your house yesterday for your family day?” Chris asked.

I looked at him surprised, “how did you know?”

“Small school everyone knows everyone’s business here,” he answered laughing.

“Well yea our parents are close but I don’t know the guy.”

“Did he say anything about me yesterday or seemed weird?” he asked.

I couldn’t help but laugh at this point; this whole situation is insane right now. “Chris, if I knew anything I would have told you and wouldn’t let that happen to you. You’re a good friend I care about you,” I told him.

He looked at me and was slowly leaning into kiss me. Omg what do I do!?

“Okay class please pull out your homework from the weekend.” Saved by the teacher.

The first two periods went by quickly surprisingly. I managed to avoid a lot of people in the pack because I knew what they were going to want to talk about and second period I managed to avoid Liza. I just couldn’t deal with the hurt I caused her. I sat in the far back corner and she sat in her usual seat. She kept looking behind her at me and either smile or telling me to open my mind link but I pretended I didn’t know what she was telling me. When I saw her pull out her phone I gestured I didn’t have mine. But now it’s lunch and I know I can’t avoid her now.