Chapter 6

It is now Sunday night and I am about to go to bed for my first day of school tomorrow. I am oh so excited about it…note the sarcasm. I am actually pretty nervous I don't know what to expect. I will have Jase and Jen but I won’t be with them all day.

The funeral came and went. I just don’t want to think about it to be honest. Everyone has been depressed especially my dad. We weren’t allowed to see the bodies to say a proper good bye to them. When my dad was telling us why I could tell he was lying and he was acting extremely weird about it. He’s been meeting with the alpha a lot. He was keeping something big from us and I intend to find out.

I heard a knock on the door while I was crawling into my king sized bed. Yes I said king. My grandparents were loaded it amazes me. “Come in,” I told whoever was at the door.

My dad came in looking stressed and tired. “Hey kiddo sorry I don’t mean to keep you from your beauty sleep,” he said with a slight grin.

“Oh because I need oh so much of that. Right dad?”

“So much,” he answers. We both start laughing. “I actually came in here to talk to you about something.”

“Oh no moms pregnant again!?” I said with fake horror.

He laughed a bit while coming over to sit on the edge of my bed. “I need you to watch over your brother and sister at school. There are a lot of wolves and a few humans. I don’t want anything to happen to either of them. I know your brother could take care of himself but I still want you to make sure he stays out of trouble. And as for your sister teenage boy wolves are very needy. If you know what I mean.”

“Of course dad you know I would even if you didn’t ask me to. And has for the teenage boy wolves news flash all boys are like that.”

“Thanks Liz for that information.” I sensed sarcasm when he said that. “But seriously this town isn’t as safe as it use to be I need you to watch out for them and the family when I’m not here. You’re stronger then you give your credit for.”

“Daddy I know I’m strong. I’m almost stronger than you. Look at these guns,” I told him lifting my arms and flexing the very little muscle I had and kissed each arm.

Dad started to really laugh now. “It amazes me how you can make me laugh no matter on the situation. But seriously do what I’m asking you.”

“Yes sir.”

“Okay night honey. I’ll see you tomorrow.”

“Night daddy love you.” As he was about to leave the room I shouted to him, “oh and daddy if there is anything you want to ever talk about you know I’m old enough to understand things and I’m a really good listener.”

He blows me a kiss, “I know and thank you for that.” He walks out and closes my door. I cuddle right back into bed and wanting to start this new school. I don’t know what to expect with a school full of werewolves. My eyes start to close and I fall asleep.

I wake up 10 minutes before my alarm clock rang. Something I usually did when I was either nervous about something or excited. And today the winning feeling was nervous. I thought I’d go wake up everyone to start getting ready for school.

I went to Jen’s room first because it was the one right next to mine and she was always easy to wake up. I open the door and right away I see her foot sticking out of the blanket. Hmm should I or shouldn’t I? What the hay why not? I tiptoed quietly to her bed coving my month so I wonted laugh. I started tickling her feet and right away she woke and almost kicked my face if it wasn’t for my wolf reflexes.

“What the hell is wrong with you Liz? Have you lost your mind? Never wake me up like that again,” she whispered screamed clearly not wanting to wake anyone up yet.